The Jays Journal Podcast is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on www.spreaker.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wide range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
Fans of the Toronto Blue Jays can be forgiven if they feel as though this past week has aged them considerably. In what could best be described as a journey through baseball purgatory, the franchise found itself losing a red-hot minor-league prospect to a freak injury, witnessed their elite closer placed on administrative leave, were astonishingly no-hit by a rival Canadian player who was originally drafted by them, and suffered an inevitable series loss to the best team in the American League.
Join us on this episode of the Jays Journal podcast as host Ari Shapiro brings you an exclusive one-on-one interview with the voice of the Lansing Lugnuts and the author of the Baseball Thesaurus – Jesse Goldberg-Strassler (@jgoldstrass). Together, we tackle a wide variety of undeniably existential and truly philosophical Blue Jays perspectives, including:
More from Jays Journal
- Blue Jays: Nate Pearson moving up quick, and back on track
- Toronto Blue Jays: 2015 Bullpen Part 1- Where Are They Now?
- Blue Jays announce starting pitchers for Grapefruit League games
- Blue Jays: Yes, be excited about Teoscar Hernandez in 2020
- Blue Jays: Fastball velocity is not a priority in the starting rotation
His thoughts on regressing to the mean with players such as Kendry Morales, Randal Grichuk, and Russell Martin, what the future holds for Marcus Stroman and if he’s really his own worst enemy, if the unflappable and burgeoning ERA of the starting rotation is a legitimate concern, why Vladimir Guerrero Jr. is not an option for the foreseeable future, how he felt about the recent calamities and woes which seemingly haunt the Rogers Centre, Roberto Osuna and the personal nature of baseball, candid thoughts on the Alan Trammell/George Bell archetypes of the 1980’s, his brutally honest take on the Mark Shapiro/Ross Atkins regime, and who the next minor league call-up should be in the pecking order of talent.
Don’t forget to check out Jesse’s brilliant minor-league perspectives on the Around The Nest Podcast (@Around Nest), and be sure to buy your copy of The Baseball Thesaurus on Amazon today.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Podcast- Apr 15th- “Preventing Runs and Battling Injuries”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Feb 14th– “Hope Springs Eternal”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Feb 1st– “Collusion of Common Sense”
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive with Tony Fernandez
- Jays Journal Podcast- Year in review 2017
- Jays Journal Podcast- Dec 19th- “Soft Resets and Intellectual Exercises”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Dec 13th– “New School & Nostalgia”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Dec 7th– “Perception is Reality”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Nov 16th– “Dare to Dream”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Nov 1st– “Struggling for Legitimacy”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 25th– “Contending and Rebuilding”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 21st- “Wise Men Sing”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 10th– “Standards of Excellence”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 5th– “Don’t You Forget About Me”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 2nd– “Only the Young Can Say”
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive with Jesse Barfield
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 3rd– “Three Wise Men” (Zwelling, Goldberg-Strassler, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast exclusive with the Tao of Stieb
- Jays Journal Exclusive with Jackie Redmond
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
- And many, many more…