The Jays Journal Podcast is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wide range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
As the seismic aftermath of the Stanton and Ohtani news reverberates gently around scores of Blue Jays fans still wondering what in the name of Abner Doubleday exactly hit them, we’re thrilled to bring you an afternoon delight of baseball distraction complete with new school ideals and old school sensibilities.
Joining host Ari Shapiro on this latest edition of the show are some of the best baseball minds available to help deal with the unpredictable nature of the 2017 winter meetings. First, we bring you an exclusive one-on-one with writer and player evaluator Emily Waldon (@emilywaldon2080) from The Athletic MLB and 2080 Baseball to discuss her thoughts on the Jays minor leaguers, why Anthony Alford is an X-factor, and if the Tigers can compete next year. (3:05-19:58)
More from Jays Journal
- Matt Chapman has been exactly what the Blue Jays needed
- Blue Jays: The goalposts are moving in the right direction
- Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays advance to the Championship Series
- Blue Jays: Comparisons for Alek Manoah’s Second Season
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
Next up is a blistering round table discussion consisting of producer Jon Reid (@JonReid590) from the Fan 590, author and voice of the Lansing Lugnuts, Jesse Goldberg-Strassler (@jgoldstrass), and writer and blogger with Sportsnet, Tao of Stieb (@TaoofStieb). Together, they discuss generational players colliding, how Dee Gordon was a missed opportunity, fan psychological health, if the city could accept two rookie starting outfielders, why Morris and Trammell are over-rated, and the Marvin Miller travesty. (20:01-1:15:30)
Tonight’s episode was brought to you by: Cloudwifi (cloudwifi.ca). Do you live in a condominium and are paying too much for internet? Surf faster & save money by getting your building on-board and win a pair of season tickets for the 2018 Toronto Blue Jays regular season. E-mail email@example.com today to see if you qualify.
Follow us @jaysjournal, the host Ari Shapiro (@ari_shapiro), and check back regularly for an exciting new addition to the website. Be sure to watch these accounts for your next opportunity to phone in at 1-646-787-8521. The show features a variety of formats including 1 on1 interviews, roundtable discussions, phone in shows, former player interviews and much more.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Podcast- Dec 7th– “Perception is Reality”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Nov 16th– “Dare to Dream”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Nov 1st– “Struggling for Legitimacy”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 25th– “Contending and Rebuilding”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 21st- “Wise Men Sing”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 10th– “Standards of Excellence”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 5th– “Don’t You Forget About Me”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 2nd– “Only the Young Can Say”
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive with Jesse Barfield
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 3rd– “Three Wise Men” (Zwelling, Goldberg-Strassler, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast exclusive with the Tao of Stieb
- Jays Journal Exclusive with Jackie Redmond
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
- And many, many more…