The Jays Journal Podcast is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wide range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
The season is officially over for the Toronto Blue Jays, but that doesn’t mean anything’s different here on the Jays Journal Podcast. In fact, it’s likely that you’ll get even more round tables, interviews, and phone-in shows than ever before!
What better way to celebrate the awesome power and infinite majesty of the sport on tonight’s show than by taking a closer look at the enormous legacy of Jose Bautista. To help us continue what will be a veritable cavalcade of winter offerings from a baseball perspective, we’re pleased to be joined by celebrated and prodigious blogger and author, Tao of Stieb (@TaoofStieb), our own Jays Journal writer and contributor, Kirsten McKernan (@kmacandbaseball), and venerable clinical and sports psychologist, Dr. Kristina Reihl (@DocReihl). Together, they pay ultimate homage in discussing:
More from Jays Journal
- Matt Chapman has been exactly what the Blue Jays needed
- Blue Jays: The goalposts are moving in the right direction
- Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays advance to the Championship Series
- Blue Jays: Comparisons for Alek Manoah’s Second Season
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
How to appreciate the full scope of emotion with the departure of a legendary player (3:30), understanding why the Blue Jays ruled out the return of a player that still has something left in the tank (10:01), how Bautista digested his team’s desire to part company as expeditiously as possible (13:11), if there’s something profoundly sad in how his career ended in Toronto (17:42), and how being rough around the edges and unorthodox as a player made a difference in his treatment by fans and front office alike (24:23).
Tonight’s episode was brought to you by: Cloudwifi (cloudwifi.ca). Do you live in a condominium and are paying too much for internet? Surf faster & save money by getting your building on-board and win a pair of season tickets for the 2018 Toronto Blue Jays regular season. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org today to see if you qualify.
Follow us @jaysjournal, the host Ari Shapiro (@ari_shapiro), and check back regularly for an exciting new addition to the website. Be sure to watch these accounts for your next opportunity to phone in at 1-646-787-8521. The show features a variety of formats including 1 on1 interviews, roundtable discussions, phone in shows, former player interviews and much more.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 2nd– “Only the Young Can Say”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 26th– “All Good Things”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 19th– “Autumn’s Lament”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 16th– “Remains of the day”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 12th– “September Blues, April Joy”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 8th- “In Youth We Trust”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 1st- “Back to the Future”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 27th– “The Price of Nostalgia”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 24th– “An Unforgiving Season”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 18th– “Dog Days Be Damned”
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive with Jesse Barfield
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 7th– “Ruthless Baseball Gods”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 3rd– “Three Wise Men” (Zwelling, Goldberg-Strassler, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast exclusive with the Tao of Stieb
- Jays Journal Exclusive with Jackie Redmond
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
- And many more..