Jays Journal has recently launched a new podcast, which is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wide range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
Once upon a time in a kingdom where one’s beloved local professional baseball team could enjoy a rare off-day after an eventful week of brutal campaigning, three wise men appeared on the horizon to join host Ari Shapiro in frivolous banter and magnanimous repartee about all things Toronto Blue Jays. With 54 games remaining in the regular season, most fans have seemingly accepted the notion that the season is over, while an intrepid few remain hopeful that the wild card stays a faint and comforting possibility.
We’re excited to bring you a fearsome round table comprised of Sportsnet author, podcaster and blogger, Arden Zwelling (@ArdenZwelling), the voice of the Lansing Lugnuts and author of the Baseball Thesaurus, Jesse Goldberg-Strassler (@jgoldstrass), and Jays Journal site expert and writer, Chris Henderson (@Baseball4Brains).
More from Jays Journal
- Matt Chapman has been exactly what the Blue Jays needed
- Blue Jays: The goalposts are moving in the right direction
- Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays advance to the Championship Series
- Blue Jays: Comparisons for Alek Manoah’s Second Season
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
Together, they discuss their thoughts on: the recent ticket price increases and if management will genuinely invest in this team (3:12), if 2018 will be a year of growth notwithstanding a largely inactive trade deadline (4:15), how the youth movement will fare against rising cynical expectations (5:21), and if their foundational pieces are enough to off-set a mediocre season of baseball (6:59).
They also discuss Stroman-Sanchez-Osuna-Travis as the core and nucleus (8:48), the perception of diminished fan value and the sobering reality of a wild card push (11:59), their shared contempt for mediocre umpiring and subsequent thoughts on science fiction robots (14:44), and their respective opinions of the most under-rated Blue Jays player in franchise history (20:51).
Follow us @jaysjournal, the host Ari Shapiro (@ari_shapiro), and check back regularly for an exciting new addition to the website. Be sure to watch these accounts for your next opportunity to phone in at 1-646-787-8521. The show features a variety of formats including 1 on1 interviews, roundtable discussions, phone in shows, former player interviews and much more.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 2nd– “A Glimmer Of Hope”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 1st– “Faith In An Uncertain Future”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 31– “The More Things Change”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 24th– “Strength of Will”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 19- “Hope and Misery”
- Jays Journal Podcast exclusive with the Tao of Stieb
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 15– “Motor City Melancholy”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 11th– “Judgement Day is Coming”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 10th– “Houston, we have a problem”
- Jays Journal Exclusive with Jackie Redmond
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 5th– “Start Spreading the News”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 4th– “Back in a New York Minute”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 3rd– “Sunday, bloody Sunday”
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 24th– Dr. Kristina Reihl, Mathew Tsang, Colin Tesky
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 23rd– Scott MacArthur, Chris Henderson, Mark Hebscher
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
- And many more..
“Ari Shapiro is the host and creative director of the Jays Journal radio podcast and is a freelance writer, interviewer, and producer. He’s appeared on the Fan 590 Sportsnet radio, 90.5 FM Extra Talk Sports radio, and is a proud contributor with FanSided.”