Jays Journal has recently launched a brand new podcast, which is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wide range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
Familiar heroes rose to the occasion, leaving Toronto Blue Jays fans hollering and experiencing a profound sense of relief as the team returned home to face the juggernaut that is the Houston Astros. With an inspirational 7-4 victory behind them, Aaron Sanchez has arrived to continue this desperate stab at momentum when it matters most, and perhaps offering the faithful a chance to dream in technicolor rather than grayscaled media melancholy.
Tonight’s show features an exclusive interview with Sportsnet host and television personality Jackie Redmond (@Jackie_Remond), who joins host Ari Shapiro and shares her candid thoughts on the game of baseball, the Jays, and the industry as a whole. Tune in to hear:
More from Jays Journal
- Matt Chapman has been exactly what the Blue Jays needed
- Blue Jays: The goalposts are moving in the right direction
- Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays advance to the Championship Series
- Blue Jays: Comparisons for Alek Manoah’s Second Season
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
Her groundbreaking experience on The Score and the turning point with her journalistic ambitions (5:00); on being an underdog, and prevailing with serious hard work and focus (6:30); on her love of sports, early childhood, and honing her skills (9:50); why modern day baseball keeps her inspired (11:45); blurring the lines between fan appreciation and professional duty (13:20).
She also goes into the official Redmond take on the 2017 team (14:50); which professional athlete has impressed her with his charm and grace (17:05); on Roberto Osuna, mental health, and staying positive in the face of adversity (21:15); a deeper perspective on the human condition and how sports and life are intertwined (24:10); on the transition from the limelight to the retired reality of athletes (26:15); upcoming projects and pursuits (29:12); and the most epic and persuasive argument to trade Josh Donaldson (31:05).
Check out: vimeo.com/jackieredmond.
Follow us @jaysjournal, the host Ari Shapiro (@ari_shapiro), and check back regularly for an exciting new addition to the website. Be sure to watch these accounts for your next opportunity to phone in at 1-646-787-8521. The show features a variety of formats including 1 on1 interviews, roundtable discussions, phone in shows, former player interviews and much more.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 5th– “Start Spreading the News”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 4th– “Back in a New York Minute”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 3rd– “Sunday, bloody Sunday”
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 26th– Round Table (Pannikar, Bruce, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 25th– Round Table (Borden, Raponi, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 24th– Dr. Kristina Reihl, Mathew Tsang, Colin Tesky
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 23rd– Scott MacArthur, Chris Henderson, Mark Hebscher
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 21st– Adam Corsair, Alexis Brudnicki, Brendan Pannikar
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 20th– Nick Raponi, Craig Borden, Kirsten McKernan
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 18th– Round Table (Graves, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 17th– Live Callers
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 14th– Matt Graves, Craig Borden, & Chris Henderson
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
“Ari Shapiro is the host and creative director of the Jays Journal radio podcast and is a freelance writer, interviewer, and producer. He’s appeared on the Fan 590 Sportsnet radio, 90.5 FM Extra Talk Sports radio, and is a proud contributor with FanSided.”