The Jays Journal Podcast is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wide range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
As pitchers and catchers embark on their annual rites of baseball passage, we’re thrilled to bring you a fresh season of the podcast featuring more action-packed round table discussions, exclusive interviews with compelling guests; former and present Blue Jays, media luminaries, and a litany of live and interactive broadcasts that will get you through a devastating losing streak and straight into the light of day.
Helping us circumnavigate what has been a surreal free agent off-season with their literary prowess and passion for the game are three brilliant writers straight from the Jays Journal: Brendan Panikkar (@Panikkar37), Jason Lee (@Jasons_JaysHub), and Craig Borden (@Craigers1221).
More from Jays Journal
- Matt Chapman has been exactly what the Blue Jays needed
- Blue Jays: The goalposts are moving in the right direction
- Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays advance to the Championship Series
- Blue Jays: Comparisons for Alek Manoah’s Second Season
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
Together with your host, Ari Shapiro, this baseball triumvirate looks at: Jerry Howarth’s retirement(6:51), the plight of over 100 free agents and the possibility of front office collusion (12:32), the leveraging nature of player arbitration and what it means for the future (15:41), the notion of emancipating a free agent after 6 years of service (22:01), the uncertainty of reclamation projects and which young players might surprise you (27:13), the 2019 free agent year interjecting with the arrival of Guerrero and Bichette (42:22), and if Josh Donaldson remains the starting third baseman of the Toronto Blue Jays after this year’s trade deadline.
Tonight’s episode was brought to you by: Cloudwifi (cloudwifi.ca). Do you live in a condominium and are paying too much for internet? Surf faster & save money by getting your building on-board and win a pair of season tickets for the 2018 Toronto Blue Jays regular season. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org today to see if you qualify.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Podcast- Feb 1st– “Collusion of Common Sense”
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive with Tony Fernandez
- Jays Journal Podcast- Year in review 2017
- Jays Journal Podcast- Dec 19th- “Soft Resets and Intellectual Exercises”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Dec 13th– “New School & Nostalgia”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Dec 7th– “Perception is Reality”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Nov 16th– “Dare to Dream”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Nov 1st– “Struggling for Legitimacy”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 25th– “Contending and Rebuilding”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 21st- “Wise Men Sing”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 10th– “Standards of Excellence”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 5th– “Don’t You Forget About Me”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 2nd– “Only the Young Can Say”
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive with Jesse Barfield
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 3rd– “Three Wise Men” (Zwelling, Goldberg-Strassler, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast exclusive with the Tao of Stieb
- Jays Journal Exclusive with Jackie Redmond
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
- And many, many more…