The Jays Journal Podcast is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wide range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
With the Los Angeles Dodgers drawing first blood in their epic World Series feud with the Houston Astros, one can’t help but the notice that the air is thick with nostalgia for what transpired around these parts roughly 25 years ago.
Our featured guest on this episode is one of the most celebrated sports journalists across this country and is a staff writer for Sportsnet magazine and Sportsnet.ca; Arden Zwelling (@ArdenZwelling) joins host Ari Shapiro to discuss:
More from Jays Journal
- Matt Chapman has been exactly what the Blue Jays needed
- Blue Jays: The goalposts are moving in the right direction
- Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays advance to the Championship Series
- Blue Jays: Comparisons for Alek Manoah’s Second Season
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
If fans have any reason to believe in 2018 after a profoundly depressing year (2:30), how the Blue Jays must stay relevant during an off-season of powerful MLSE offerings (4:30), why Shohei Otani in Toronto shouldn’t be considered beyond the realm of possibility (6:12), his thoughts on the future of Josh Donaldson (11:01), thoughts on Devon Travis and his injury status (13:20), why Marcus Stroman and his 6.0 WAR makes him the true leader of this team (15:45), Justin Smoak as potential trade bait (17:41), if the Jays starting pitching is good enough to contend for a second wild card spot (19:59), on Ryan Borucki and Danny Jansen (26:01), his anticipation of Vlad Guerrero jr. and Bo Bichette (28:45), baseball as a weak link sport vs. hockey (31:10), on Anthony Alford (33:31), and his thoughts on speed and athleticism when it comes to the future of this team’s culture (35:02).
Tonight’s episode was brought to you by: Cloudwifi (cloudwifi.ca). Do you live in a condominium and are paying too much for internet? Surf faster & save money by getting your building on-board and win a pair of season tickets for the 2018 Toronto Blue Jays regular season. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org today to see if you qualify.
Follow us @jaysjournal, the host Ari Shapiro (@ari_shapiro), and check back regularly for an exciting new addition to the website. Be sure to watch these accounts for your next opportunity to phone in at 1-646-787-8521. The show features a variety of formats including 1 on1 interviews, roundtable discussions, phone in shows, former player interviews and much more.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 2nd– “Only the Young Can Say”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 26th– “All Good Things”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 19th– “Autumn’s Lament”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 16th– “Remains of the day”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 12th– “September Blues, April Joy”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 8th- “In Youth We Trust”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 1st- “Back to the Future”
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive with Jesse Barfield
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 3rd– “Three Wise Men” (Zwelling, Goldberg-Strassler, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast exclusive with the Tao of Stieb
- Jays Journal Exclusive with Jackie Redmond
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
- And many, many more…