The Jays Journal Podcast is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wide range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
The passion for baseball never ends during the winter season, and this year is no exception. We’re overjoyed to have both site experts from the Jays Journal on the show today to help navigate these off-season waters of uncertainty with a comprehensive look at what was, what is, and what should be. Clayton Richer (@ClaytonRicher) and Chris Henderson (@Baseball4Brains) join your host, Ari Shapiro, in an exclusive round table that features:
Their thoughts on the recent public relations and marketing purge inside the organization (2:22), if Pete Walker and Brook Jacoby should share any responsibility for a lost year (6:01), their take on the future of Kevin Pillar and his maddening inconsistency (11:42), will Hernandez or Alford be left on the outside looking in (15:14), how a lack of preparation and terrible assumptions on roster depth conspired against the fans (21:19).
More from Jays Journal
- Matt Chapman has been exactly what the Blue Jays needed
- Blue Jays: The goalposts are moving in the right direction
- Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays advance to the Championship Series
- Blue Jays: Comparisons for Alek Manoah’s Second Season
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
We also discuss the moment both site experts realized this year was in peril (24:33), on the lingering woes of legitimate catching resources (29:22), if finishing with 76 wins can be viewed as inspirational in lieu of their trials and tribulations (31:45), on Marcus Stroman and the lack of respect he receives (33:31), if Josh Donaldson should remain on this team beyond 2018 (38:44), if September performances end up becoming a smoke screen for fans (45:12), which 3 players should make the team next year (48:19), and if there’s a legitimate reason to be concerned about the future of Bo & Vlad (52:21).
Tonight’s episode was brought to you by: Cloudwifi (cloudwifi.ca). Do you live in a condominium and are paying too much for internet? Surf faster & save money by getting your building on-board and win a pair of season tickets for the 2018 Toronto Blue Jays regular season. E-mail email@example.com today to see if you qualify.
Follow us @jaysjournal, the host Ari Shapiro (@ari_shapiro), and check back regularly for an exciting new addition to the website. Be sure to watch these accounts for your next opportunity to phone in at 1-646-787-8521. The show features a variety of formats including 1 on1 interviews, roundtable discussions, phone in shows, former player interviews and much more.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 2nd– “Only the Young Can Say”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 26th– “All Good Things”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 19th– “Autumn’s Lament”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 16th– “Remains of the day”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 12th– “September Blues, April Joy”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 8th- “In Youth We Trust”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 1st- “Back to the Future”
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive with Jesse Barfield
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 3rd– “Three Wise Men” (Zwelling, Goldberg-Strassler, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast exclusive with the Tao of Stieb
- Jays Journal Exclusive with Jackie Redmond
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
- And many, many more…