The Jays Journal Podcast is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wide range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
Although the post-season may have left the Toronto Blue Jays with nothing but cobwebs and scattered hopes strewn about their field of dreams; all is not lost – and on tonight’s show, host Ari Shapiro brings you two of the most celebrated and respected baseball minds in the country.
First, we’re joined by blogger, writer, and contributor with the Sporting News MLB, Ian Hunter (@BlueJayHunter), who offers us his feelings on the end of the Bautista era (2:58), how a rough exterior influenced the perception of his legacy (5:15), if he believes the 2018 Blue Jays team will be an AL East contender (7:45), his thoughts on Donaldson and a murky future (10:30), if the team was meant to overspend on free agency (12:48), and if the departure of Jose is the first sign of a culture shift in Toronto baseball (16:15).
More from Jays Journal
- Matt Chapman has been exactly what the Blue Jays needed
- Blue Jays: The goalposts are moving in the right direction
- Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays advance to the Championship Series
- Blue Jays: Comparisons for Alek Manoah’s Second Season
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
Next, we bring you sports broadcaster and host of The Program on Sportsnet 650, Andrew Walker (@AndrewWalker650) who sits down to talk about what the future holds in store for next year (21:30), how Keith Law made his day (25:30), his thoughts on the Stroman-Osuna-Sanchez-Travis core (27:31), how different generations will reconcile the Bautista era (30:08), on Shohei Otani and if the team should make a play (34:22), and what to expect from the front office during the off-season (37:38).
Tonight’s episode was brought to you by: Cloudwifi (cloudwifi.ca). Do you live in a condominium and are paying too much for internet? Surf faster & save money by getting your building on-board and win a pair of season tickets for the 2018 Toronto Blue Jays regular season. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org today to see if you qualify.
Follow us @jaysjournal, the host Ari Shapiro (@ari_shapiro), and check back regularly for an exciting new addition to the website. Be sure to watch these accounts for your next opportunity to phone in at 1-646-787-8521. The show features a variety of formats including 1 on1 interviews, roundtable discussions, phone in shows, former player interviews and much more.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 2nd– “Only the Young Can Say”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 26th– “All Good Things”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 19th– “Autumn’s Lament”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 16th– “Remains of the day”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 12th– “September Blues, April Joy”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 8th- “In Youth We Trust”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 1st- “Back to the Future”
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive with Jesse Barfield
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 3rd– “Three Wise Men” (Zwelling, Goldberg-Strassler, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast exclusive with the Tao of Stieb
- Jays Journal Exclusive with Jackie Redmond
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
- And many, many more…