The Jays Journal Podcast is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wide range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
How excruciating a reality it must be for fans and admirers of the Toronto Blue Jays to sit back and witness the 2017 World Series drama between two adversaries built to contend for many years to come, and with front offices dedicated exclusively to winning. It’s only prudent that your host, Ari Shapiro, is ready and willing to bring you the most realistic and valued perspectives about this off-season delivered through the wisdom and experience of his guests.
We’re joined on this show by a true sportscasting legend who works with the OHL, inside the TSN newsroom, and can be heard on 1050 radio; he’s also an instructor at The College of Sports Media – Tony Ambrogio (@Tony_Ambrogio) joins us to discuss: how fans should reconcile a 76 win season (2:45), does he have confidence in the next generation of prospects (4:40), his thoughts on the purge of media-related front office positions (7:11), and how unprepared the team was with replacement parts (12:15).
More from Jays Journal
- Matt Chapman has been exactly what the Blue Jays needed
- Blue Jays: The goalposts are moving in the right direction
- Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays advance to the Championship Series
- Blue Jays: Comparisons for Alek Manoah’s Second Season
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
Next, we’re thrilled to bring you the talented host of “Good Show” on Sportsnet Fan 590, JD Bunkis (@JDBunkis), who diligently explores: if he has any confidence in Mark Shapiro and Ross Atkins (14:50), was it frugality or just poor decisions that doomed the Jays this year (19:15), and what would be his priority for the team in 2018 (22:59).
Tonight’s episode was brought to you by: Cloudwifi (cloudwifi.ca). Do you live in a condominium and are paying too much for internet? Surf faster & save money by getting your building on-board and win a pair of season tickets for the 2018 Toronto Blue Jays regular season. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org today to see if you qualify.
Follow us @jaysjournal, the host Ari Shapiro (@ari_shapiro), and check back regularly for an exciting new addition to the website. Be sure to watch these accounts for your next opportunity to phone in at 1-646-787-8521. The show features a variety of formats including 1 on1 interviews, roundtable discussions, phone in shows, former player interviews and much more.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 25th– “Contending and Rebuilding”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 21st- “Wise Men Sing”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 10th– “Standards of Excellence”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 5th– “Don’t You Forget About Me”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 2nd– “Only the Young Can Say”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 26th– “All Good Things”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 19th– “Autumn’s Lament”
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive with Jesse Barfield
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 3rd– “Three Wise Men” (Zwelling, Goldberg-Strassler, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast exclusive with the Tao of Stieb
- Jays Journal Exclusive with Jackie Redmond
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
- And many, many more…