The Jays Journal Podcast is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wide range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
Join us for another episode of compellingly authoritative and mostly entertaining Toronto Blue Jays perspectives featuring your host, Ari Shapiro, and his round table of baseball excellence: Marshall Auerback (@Mauerback) from the Levy Economics Institute of Bard College, Jason Woodell (@JasonAtTheGame) of prospects1500.com and Ian Hunter (@BlueJayHunter) from Sporting News MLB and bluejayhunter.com. Together, the panel throws themselves head-first into a multitude of trending diamond quandaries including:
Their thoughts on Mark Shapiro’s recent comments regarding Alex Anthopoulos and the state of the franchise (3:23), on the legacy of his predecessor and if the latest crop of elite prospects should be considered untouchable in the eyes of the fans (11:20), Ian’s recent article on his website entitled “If Josh Donaldson isn’t for sale, why do the Cardinals keep calling?” and if the panel feels he should be moved during this calendar year (27:53).
More from Jays Journal
- Matt Chapman has been exactly what the Blue Jays needed
- Blue Jays: The goalposts are moving in the right direction
- Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays advance to the Championship Series
- Blue Jays: Comparisons for Alek Manoah’s Second Season
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
The panel also discusses why choosing a philosophical direction is absolutely vital considering the failed window of competition that was thrust open in 2015 (35:41), and why the Aledmys Diaz acquisition might be the start of many other under-the-radar style moves heading up to spring training – and that’s not necessarily a bad thing (44:45).
Tonight’s episode was brought to you by: Cloudwifi (cloudwifi.ca). Do you live in a condominium and are paying too much for internet? Surf faster & save money by getting your building on-board and win a pair of season tickets for the 2018 Toronto Blue Jays regular season. E-mail email@example.com today to see if you qualify.
Follow us @jaysjournal, the host Ari Shapiro (@ari_shapiro), and check back regularly for an exciting new addition to the website. Be sure to watch these accounts for your next opportunity to phone in at 1-646-787-8521. The show features a variety of formats including 1 on1 interviews, roundtable discussions, phone in shows, former player interviews and much more.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Podcast- Dec 13th– “New School & Nostalgia”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Dec 7th– “Perception is Reality”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Nov 16th– “Dare to Dream”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Nov 1st– “Struggling for Legitimacy”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 25th– “Contending and Rebuilding”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 21st- “Wise Men Sing”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 10th– “Standards of Excellence”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 5th– “Don’t You Forget About Me”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 2nd– “Only the Young Can Say”
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive with Jesse Barfield
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 3rd– “Three Wise Men” (Zwelling, Goldberg-Strassler, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast exclusive with the Tao of Stieb
- Jays Journal Exclusive with Jackie Redmond
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
- And many, many more…