The Jays Journal Podcast is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wide range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
The Toronto Blue Jays began their transitional 2018 season by demonstrating the kind of resolve normally associated with playoff contenders; aggressive base-running, timely pitching, and precisely the kind of joie de vivre that was missing in its entirety last year. Four wins and three losses to begin a difficult campaign that will undoubtedly test the resolve of players, management and fans alike.
Laura Armstrong (@lauraarmy; beat writer and sports journalist with The Toronto Star) offers her insightful thoughts on what could happen if the Jays end up struggling in April and why Teoscar Hernandez is buried in the minors while Morales sits on the bench. We also discuss if Vlad Guerrero’s heroic spring training moment might end up hindering rather than helping the franchise. We also touch on the Maple Leafs and Raptors as having both a positive and negative influence on the future of baseball in this city.
More from Jays Journal
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
- Toronto Blue Jays: Has the Shift Killed Kevin Gausman’s 2022 Cy Young Hopes?
- Blue Jays: What Yusei Kikuchi’s latest stumble should mean
- Blue Jays: Alek Manoah on pace to succeed in possible postseason
- Blue Jays: Bradley Zimmer has carved himself a valuable role
Marshall Auerback (@mauerback; market researcher with The Levy Institute) drops by to offer his thoughts on 2018 as a potential “write-off” year and his inquisitive perspective on scalpers and how the team is collaborating with the grim reality of greedy ticket monetization. He also offered us his candid thoughts on Roy Halladay’s number retirement and how it was handled.
Jason Woodell (@JasonAtTheGame; writer with Baseball Prospectus) visits the show to offer his take on what a dead arm really is in the sport of baseball and how it will affect Josh Donaldson moving forward.
Chris Henderson (@Baseball4Brains, Site expert at Jays Journal) rounds out the show with his authoritative look at long-term contract commitments and if an aura of secrecy exists between the player and management when it comes to disclosing injuries.
Tonight’s episode was brought to you by: Cloudwifi (cloudwifi.ca). Do you live in a condominium and are paying too much for internet? Surf faster & save money by getting your building on-board and win a pair of season tickets for the 2018 Toronto Blue Jays regular season. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org today to see if you qualify.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Podcast- Mar 10th– “Preventing Runs and Battling Injuries”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Feb 14th– “Hope Springs Eternal”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Feb 1st– “Collusion of Common Sense”
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive with Tony Fernandez
- Jays Journal Podcast- Year in review 2017
- Jays Journal Podcast- Dec 19th- “Soft Resets and Intellectual Exercises”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Dec 13th– “New School & Nostalgia”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Dec 7th– “Perception is Reality”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Nov 16th– “Dare to Dream”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Nov 1st– “Struggling for Legitimacy”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 25th– “Contending and Rebuilding”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 21st- “Wise Men Sing”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 10th– “Standards of Excellence”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 5th– “Don’t You Forget About Me”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 2nd– “Only the Young Can Say”
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive with Jesse Barfield
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 3rd– “Three Wise Men” (Zwelling, Goldberg-Strassler, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast exclusive with the Tao of Stieb
- Jays Journal Exclusive with Jackie Redmond
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
- And many, many more…