The Jays Journal Podcast is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wide range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
I’m thrilled to be back this year with a brand new, super-sized podcast episode filled with glorious baseball perspectives, delightful anecdotes, and nostalgic commiseration bound to keep you glued to your seat over the next hour.
First, we take you one step closer to spring training with an exclusive interview of former Blue Jays player and uber designated hitter from the 1980’s, Garth Iorg. We discussed his thoughts on the 1985 & 1987 teams, his unorthodox batting stance, which superstars and villains impressed him most during his playing days, and the powerful legacy of Paul Beeston. (1:21)
More from Jays Journal
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
- Toronto Blue Jays: Has the Shift Killed Kevin Gausman’s 2022 Cy Young Hopes?
- Blue Jays: What Yusei Kikuchi’s latest stumble should mean
- Blue Jays: Alek Manoah on pace to succeed in possible postseason
- Blue Jays: Bradley Zimmer has carved himself a valuable role
Next, we’re visited by the Collegiate Baseball Scouting Network as Richard Birfer (@richardbirfs)& Dan Seguin (@danseguin23) offer us a quick glance at the top pitching prospects across the organization. (35:15)
Finally, I’m proud to deliver a sterling round table featuring three brilliant baseball minds: Emily Waldon (@EmilyCWaldon) from The Athletic MLB, Marshall Auerback (@Mauerback) of The Levy Institute, and sports journalist Shawn W. Smith (shawn_w_smith). Together, they tackle: Donaldson’s looming arbitration, the true impact of the Diaz & Solarte acquisitions, and if the 2018 roster will be strong enough to complete for a playoff spot. (40:01)
Tonight’s episode was brought to you by: Cloudwifi (cloudwifi.ca). Do you live in a condominium and are paying too much for internet? Surf faster & save money by getting your building on-board and win a pair of season tickets for the 2018 Toronto Blue Jays regular season. E-mail email@example.com today to see if you qualify.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Podcast- Year in review 2017
- Jays Journal Podcast- Dec 19th- “Soft Resets and Intellectual Exercises”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Dec 13th– “New School & Nostalgia”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Dec 7th– “Perception is Reality”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Nov 16th– “Dare to Dream”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Nov 1st– “Struggling for Legitimacy”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 25th– “Contending and Rebuilding”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 21st- “Wise Men Sing”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 10th– “Standards of Excellence”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 5th– “Don’t You Forget About Me”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Oct 2nd– “Only the Young Can Say”
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive with Jesse Barfield
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 3rd– “Three Wise Men” (Zwelling, Goldberg-Strassler, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast exclusive with the Tao of Stieb
- Jays Journal Exclusive with Jackie Redmond
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
- And many, many more…