Blue Jays: JJ Podcast- “Judgement day is coming”
Jays Journal has recently launched a brand new podcast, which is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wide range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
Jays Journal Podcast- “Judgement Day is Coming”
The 88th Midsummer Classic is upon us; Justin Smoak is there, Roberto Osuna is there, Marcus Stroman thinks he should be there, and the rest of the club is grabbing a much-needed respite to recharge themselves after a profoundly disappointing first half of the season.
The Blue Jays find themselves sitting at 41-47 (.466), 8.5 back of the division lead, and 5 games back of the wild card with seven teams lodged between them and a shot at post-season baseball. Needless to say, this is the time when most pundits and prognosticators are on the prowl; host Ari Shapiro is proud to bring you a baseball listening experience designed to help you think critically about your team, and with sublime confidence.
More from Jays Journal
- Matt Chapman has been exactly what the Blue Jays needed
- Blue Jays: The goalposts are moving in the right direction
- Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays advance to the Championship Series
- Blue Jays: Comparisons for Alek Manoah’s Second Season
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
We begin the show with some brilliant observations from podcaster Brent Cardy (@BrentCardyShow), who joins the show to discuss his candid thoughts on the team’s current predicaments (4:43), while taking a closer look at the media campaign behind Justin Smoak (7:59), and his sincere thoughts on Aaron Judge as the future face of baseball (9:01). Be sure to check out “The Cardy Show” on iTunes and Podomatic.
Next, senior news anchor and former sportscaster Norman James (@NormanJamesCTV) takes control of the podcast by indulging our listeners with his earnest thoughts on the current roster (14:01), what the front office should do in terms of next steps and contingency plans (16:45), on the leadership of Mark Shapiro and the value of long-term thinking (18:39), thoughts on the MLB all-star game and how it compares to the NHL and NBA (22:30), and valuable advice for young journalists and future sportscasters given his experiences (25:30).
Follow us @jaysjournal, the host Ari Shapiro (@ari_shapiro), and check back regularly for an exciting new addition to the website. Be sure to watch these accounts for your next opportunity to phone in at 1-646-787-8521. The show features a variety of formats including 1 on1 interviews, roundtable discussions, phone in shows, former player interviews and much more.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 10th– “Houston, we have a problem”
- Jays Journal Exclusive with Jackie Redmond
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 5th– “Start Spreading the News”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 4th– “Back in a New York Minute”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 3rd– “Sunday, bloody Sunday”
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 26th– Round Table (Pannikar, Bruce, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 25th– Round Table (Borden, Raponi, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 24th– Dr. Kristina Reihl, Mathew Tsang, Colin Tesky
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 23rd– Scott MacArthur, Chris Henderson, Mark Hebscher
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 21st– Adam Corsair, Alexis Brudnicki, Brendan Pannikar
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 20th– Nick Raponi, Craig Borden, Kirsten McKernan
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 18th– Round Table (Graves, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 17th– Live Callers
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 14th– Matt Graves, Craig Borden, & Chris Henderson
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
Next: Picturing the Blue Jays' lineup in 2020
“Ari Shapiro is the host and creative director of the Jays Journal radio podcast and is a freelance writer, interviewer, and producer. He’s appeared on the Fan 590 Sportsnet radio, 90.5 FM Extra Talk Sports radio, and is a proud contributor with FanSided.”