Blue Jays: JJ Podcast- “Start spreading the news”
Jays Journal has recently launched a brand new podcast, which is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wild range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
Jays Journal Podcast- July 5th- “Start Spreading The News”
In what could best be described as perhaps the most surreal game of the year, the Toronto Blue Jays stormed out of New York with their first series win since the middle of June. Behind some timely bullpen pitching and a more than familiar solo home run power surge, this team finds itself riding the crest of a Montero wave that presumably ends with him throwing out Houston base runners, en masse – stay tuned.
Joining us on tonight’s show is an author, podcaster, and the radio voice of the Lansing Lugnuts, Jesse Goldberg-Strasser (@jgoldstrass). Jesse sits down with host Ari Shapiro to discuss a variety of intriguing subjects including:
More from Jays Journal
- Matt Chapman has been exactly what the Blue Jays needed
- Blue Jays: The goalposts are moving in the right direction
- Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays advance to the Championship Series
- Blue Jays: Comparisons for Alek Manoah’s Second Season
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
The Lansing Lugnuts and what fans should really know about their Single-A affiliate (3:30); if team ownership is doing enough to support their athletes and proving grounds (5:41), why Vlad Guerrero jr. and Bo Bichette could own this entire city in a few short years (6:46); does elite level talent in the system influence front office decisions with this 2017 team (10:05); his take on the current edition of the Jays and how this management group should be measured (11:31); on the great Anthopoulos minor league trade purge and player talent exodus (14:45); thoughts on Franklin Barreto and Josh Donaldson, intertwined (16:41); the baseball thesaurus and the awesome power behind the universal language of America’s favourite pastime (18:09).
Be sure to check out @AroundNest, @LansingLugnuts, and www.jessegoldbergstrassler.com
Follow us @jaysjournal, the host Ari Shapiro (@ari_shapiro), and check back regularly for an exciting new addition to the website. Be sure to watch these accounts for your next opportunity to phone in at 1-646-787-8521. The show features a variety of formats including 1 on1 interviews, roundtable discussions, phone in shows, former player interviews and much more.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 4th– “Back in a New York Minute”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 3rd– “Sunday, bloody Sunday”
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 26th– Round Table (Pannikar, Bruce, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 25th– Round Table (Borden, Raponi, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 24th– Dr. Kristina Reihl, Mathew Tsang, Colin Tesky
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 23rd– Scott MacArthur, Chris Henderson, Mark Hebscher
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 21st– Adam Corsair, Alexis Brudnicki, Brendan Pannikar
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 20th– Nick Raponi, Craig Borden, Kirsten McKernan
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 18th– Round Table (Graves, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 17th– Live Callers
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 14th– Matt Graves, Craig Borden, & Chris Henderson
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
Next: Blue Jays: Ian Happ should be a trade target
“Ari Shapiro is the host and creative director of the Jays Journal radio podcast and is a freelance writer, interviewer, and producer. He’s appeared on the Fan 590 Sportsnet radio, 90.5 FM Extra Talk Sports radio, and is a proud contributor with FanSided.”