Blue Jays: JJ Podcast- Sunday, bloody Sunday
Jays Journal has recently launched a brand new podcast, which is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wild range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
Jays Journal Podcast- Sunday, Bloody Sunday
On tonight’s show, our round table of baseball experts and Jays Journal writers congregate to discuss what was essentially a train wreck of baseball by mourning a lost opportunity against the Boston Red Sox, and if solace could be found in an upcoming series against the New York Yankees.
Clayton Richer (@ClaytonRicher), Ashley Weisdorf (@AshleyWeisdorf), and Craig Borden (@Craigers1221) sit down with host Ari Shapiro to discuss the remains of the day after a harrowing weekend that left this franchise with more questions than answers. Tune in and listen to:
More from Jays Journal
- Matt Chapman has been exactly what the Blue Jays needed
- Blue Jays: The goalposts are moving in the right direction
- Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays advance to the Championship Series
- Blue Jays: Comparisons for Alek Manoah’s Second Season
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
Is the glass truly half-filled and will the Bronx Bombers bring the team some respite from the last week (1:35); why the Yankees could be the turning point of the season (3:30); Josh Donaldson trade rumours (4:35); Clint Fraser and the Rochester Red Wings (10:15); how to bridge the next 1-2 years if the tank is in and will fans pay to watch the 2018 Blue Jays (11:40).
They also discuss why the big contracts on the payroll shouldn’t be a concern for the team (13:45); the sad reality of RISP and why Edwin’s parrot is missed more than words can offer (16:15); the Houston Astros and the daunting nature of tanking (21:22), the depature of Grilli and believing in the wisdom of this front office (24:05); on budget, spending, and if a window is still open (28:45); will this management group dare to dream and invest (33:00).
Follow us @jaysjournal, the host Ari Shapiro (@ari_shapiro), and check back regularly for an exciting new addition to the website. Be sure to watch these accounts for your next opportunity to phone in at 1-646-787-8521. The show features a variety of formats including 1 on1 interviews, roundtable discussions, phone in shows, former player interviews and much more.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 26th– Round Table (Pannikar, Bruce, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 25th– Round Table (Borden, Raponi, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 24th– Dr. Kristina Reihl, Mathew Tsang, Colin Tesky
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 23rd– Scott MacArthur, Chris Henderson, Mark Hebscher
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 21st– Adam Corsair, Alexis Brudnicki, Brendan Pannikar
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 20th– Nick Raponi, Craig Borden, Kirsten McKernan
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 18th– Round Table (Graves, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 17th– Live Callers
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 14th– Matt Graves, Craig Borden, & Chris Henderson
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
Next: Blue Jays' Osuna gets an All-Star snub
“Ari Shapiro is the host and creative director of the Jays Journal radio podcast and is a freelance writer, interviewer, and producer. He’s appeared on the Fan 590 Sportsnet radio, 90.5 FM Extra Talk Sports radio, and is a proud contributor with FanSided.”