Jays Journal has recently launched a brand new podcast, which is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wild range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
On tonight’s show, our round table of baseball experts and Jays Journal writers congregate to discuss what was essentially a train wreck of baseball by mourning a lost opportunity against the Boston Red Sox, and if solace could be found in an upcoming series against the New York Yankees.
Clayton Richer (@ClaytonRicher), Ashley Weisdorf (@AshleyWeisdorf), and Craig Borden (@Craigers1221) sit down with host Ari Shapiro to discuss the remains of the day after a harrowing weekend that left this franchise with more questions than answers. Tune in and listen to:
More from Jays Journal
Is the glass truly half-filled and will the Bronx Bombers bring the team some respite from the last week (1:35); why the Yankees could be the turning point of the season (3:30); Josh Donaldson trade rumours (4:35); Clint Fraser and the Rochester Red Wings (10:15); how to bridge the next 1-2 years if the tank is in and will fans pay to watch the 2018 Blue Jays (11:40).
They also discuss why the big contracts on the payroll shouldn’t be a concern for the team (13:45); the sad reality of RISP and why Edwin’s parrot is missed more than words can offer (16:15); the Houston Astros and the daunting nature of tanking (21:22), the depature of Grilli and believing in the wisdom of this front office (24:05); on budget, spending, and if a window is still open (28:45); will this management group dare to dream and invest (33:00).
Follow us @jaysjournal, the host Ari Shapiro (@ari_shapiro), and check back regularly for an exciting new addition to the website. Be sure to watch these accounts for your next opportunity to phone in at 1-646-787-8521. The show features a variety of formats including 1 on1 interviews, roundtable discussions, phone in shows, former player interviews and much more.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 26th– Round Table (Pannikar, Bruce, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 25th– Round Table (Borden, Raponi, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 24th– Dr. Kristina Reihl, Mathew Tsang, Colin Tesky
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 23rd– Scott MacArthur, Chris Henderson, Mark Hebscher
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 21st– Adam Corsair, Alexis Brudnicki, Brendan Pannikar
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 20th– Nick Raponi, Craig Borden, Kirsten McKernan
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 18th– Round Table (Graves, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 17th– Live Callers
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 14th– Matt Graves, Craig Borden, & Chris Henderson
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
“Ari Shapiro is the host and creative director of the Jays Journal radio podcast and is a freelance writer, interviewer, and producer. He’s appeared on the Fan 590 Sportsnet radio, 90.5 FM Extra Talk Sports radio, and is a proud contributor with FanSided.”