Blue Jays: Jays Journal Podcast- “Strength Of Will”
Jays Journal has recently launched a new podcast, which is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wide range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
Jays Journal Podcast – July 22. “Strength of Will.”
As the Toronto Blue Jays find themselves reeling from an inauspicious trip to Cleveland with (yet another) frustrating extra-innings loss, we’re pleased to bring you a trio of refreshingly candid interviews that will elevate your appreciation for the finer aspects of modern day baseball. Tune in as host Ari Shapiro delves deeper into the psyche of the sport with three brilliant guests:
First, we’re excited to bring you an exclusive look at Ryan Noda (@RyanNoda14), drafted in the 15th round of the 2017 MLB draft, Ryan talks about what it means to be chosen by the Jays (1:14), how improved plate control and an elevated walk rate turned him into a desirable prospect (2:03), and his advice to aspiring players on the moment that he knew he’d “made it” (5:21).
More from Jays Journal
- Matt Chapman has been exactly what the Blue Jays needed
- Blue Jays: The goalposts are moving in the right direction
- Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays advance to the Championship Series
- Blue Jays: Comparisons for Alek Manoah’s Second Season
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
Next, inspirational two-sport athlete Diamyn Hall (@DiamynHall), shares his extraordinary journey from a horrific sports injury to a new beginning in baseball (9:42), how his belief in his natural abilities and leadership skills transformed his relationships with others (11:41), on his appreciation of the mercurial Bo Jackson (14:22), and the power of sports psychology when it comes to dealing with adversity (18:51).
Finally, Shawn W. Smith (@shawn_w_smith), a reporter for Metroland Media and freelance writer with The Globe and Mail, Vice Sports, and Sportsnet joins us to discuss his thoughts on the current team (22:41), on the phenomenon that is Justin Smoak (25:18), and the challenge that awaits journalists finding true inspiration in a clickbait world (26:11).
Follow us @jaysjournal, the host Ari Shapiro (@ari_shapiro), and check back regularly for an exciting new addition to the website. Be sure to watch these accounts for your next opportunity to phone in at 1-646-787-8521. The show features a variety of formats including 1 on1 interviews, roundtable discussions, phone in shows, former player interviews and much more.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 19- “Hope and Misery”
- Jays Journal Podcast exclusive with the Tao of Stieb
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 15– “Motor City Melancholy”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 11th– “Judgement Day is Coming”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 10th– “Houston, we have a problem”
- Jays Journal Exclusive with Jackie Redmond
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 5th– “Start Spreading the News”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 4th– “Back in a New York Minute”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 3rd– “Sunday, bloody Sunday”
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 26th– Round Table (Pannikar, Bruce, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 25th– Round Table (Borden, Raponi, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 24th– Dr. Kristina Reihl, Mathew Tsang, Colin Tesky
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 23rd– Scott MacArthur, Chris Henderson, Mark Hebscher
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 14th– Matt Graves, Craig Borden, & Chris Henderson
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
- And many more..
Next: Blue Jays: A pair of small trades on Sunday
“Ari Shapiro is the host and creative director of the Jays Journal radio podcast and is a freelance writer, interviewer, and producer. He’s appeared on the Fan 590 Sportsnet radio, 90.5 FM Extra Talk Sports radio, and is a proud contributor with FanSided.”