Blue Jays: JJ Podcast Round Table- “Houston, we have a problem”
Jays Journal has recently launched a brand new podcast, which is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wide range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
Jays Journal Podcast Roundtable- “Houston, we have a problem”
With a new tradition of horrible Sunday afteroon baseball clearly entrenched across the fair city of Toronto, we’re thrilled to bring you an extremely spirited and slightly melodramatic edition of the Jays Journal podcast: round table edition.
Tune in and join host Ari Shapiro as three tremendous baseball sportscasters rally around him to discuss all things past, present, and future; site expert Chris Henderson (@baseball4brains), minor league guru Craig Borden (@Craigers1221), and podcaster extraordinaire Adam Corsair (@ACorsair21; @SouthOfThe6ix) are ready and willing to keep you entertained with arguably the best baseball perspectives you’ll find on social media today, including:
More from Jays Journal
- Matt Chapman has been exactly what the Blue Jays needed
- Blue Jays: The goalposts are moving in the right direction
- Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays advance to the Championship Series
- Blue Jays: Comparisons for Alek Manoah’s Second Season
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
What exactly transpired on Sunday during the 19-1 loss and what should fans take from such an abysmal performance on the field (3:15); what the right direction should be for the Jays front office in terms of rebuilding or retooling the future and how soon (12:14); should the Blue Jays trade Josh Donaldson and what’s his real value (13:50); on team building, investment value, and payroll spending capacity (24:30); what exactly is the recipe for building a sustainable winner (30:41); on the alluring nature of media campaigns and public relations damage control (36:30).
They also reflection on the Houston series and what a split represents to the fans (40:15); the revelation that is Justin Smoak and the mixed messages culled from the previous road trip (46:48); the danger of playing the injury card versus an introspective look at underachieving professionals (49:20); how the chemistry was altered with the loss of Encarnacion and a profound lack of leadership core production (52:30); why the next few weeks will likely define the current regime for better and for worse (57:28).
Follow us @jaysjournal, the host Ari Shapiro (@ari_shapiro), and check back regularly for an exciting new addition to the website. Be sure to watch these accounts for your next opportunity to phone in at 1-646-787-8521. The show features a variety of formats including 1 on1 interviews, roundtable discussions, phone in shows, former player interviews and much more.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Exclusive with Jackie Redmond
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 5th– “Start Spreading the News”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 4th– “Back in a New York Minute”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 3rd– “Sunday, bloody Sunday”
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 26th– Round Table (Pannikar, Bruce, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 25th– Round Table (Borden, Raponi, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 24th– Dr. Kristina Reihl, Mathew Tsang, Colin Tesky
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 23rd– Scott MacArthur, Chris Henderson, Mark Hebscher
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 21st– Adam Corsair, Alexis Brudnicki, Brendan Pannikar
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 20th– Nick Raponi, Craig Borden, Kirsten McKernan
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 18th– Round Table (Graves, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 17th– Live Callers
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 14th– Matt Graves, Craig Borden, & Chris Henderson
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
Next: Blue Jays: Ranking and dissecting the first half
“Ari Shapiro is the host and creative director of the Jays Journal radio podcast and is a freelance writer, interviewer, and producer. He’s appeared on the Fan 590 Sportsnet radio, 90.5 FM Extra Talk Sports radio, and is a proud contributor with FanSided.”