Blue Jays: JJ Podcast for June 19- “Hope and Misery”
Jays Journal has recently launched a new podcast, which is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wide range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
On a night when fans debated the merits of staying up to watch a mesmerizingly bad five hour baseball game in the middle of a work week, the Toronto Blue Jays suffered an ignominious defeat at the hands of their perennial rivals, the Boston Red Sox, 5-4 in 15 fundamentally unsound innings. Mired in last place in the AL East at 43-50 (.462) and 5.5 games back of the second wild card, only time remains their greatest adversary in 2017.
We’re thrilled to open this action-packed edition of the show with your host, Ari Shapiro, presenting three radically different baseball perspectives for you to enjoy:
First, we’re joined by superfan and Big Brother Canada Season 3 veteran, Risha Denner (@MSRISHAD) who talks about “the church of baseball” and how the sport is both cathartic and necessary in her life (3:01), and why social media has distorted the line between fan and fair-weather fool (8:41).
Next, Jason Woodell (@JasonAtTheGame) from Prospects1500.com sits down to offer us his minor league expertise on the future of the team (13:10), the significance of blue chip entry level prospects in their system (16:07), and why the culture of the Jays will likely be in safe hands with the ascent of Bo Bichette and Vladimir Guerrero jr. (25:02).
Finally, writer and blogger from The Sporting News MLB, Ian Hunter (@BlueJaysHunter), engages Ari with a compelling and realistic perspective on where this team is headed (32:31), on the psychological influence of repeated blowouts (35:33), and if Mark Shapiro should be held as the scapegoat for their trials and tribulations (43:15).Want to hear more? Subscribe to the podcast on
Follow us @jaysjournal, the host Ari Shapiro (@ari_shapiro), and check back regularly for an exciting new addition to the website. Be sure to watch these accounts for your next opportunity to phone in at 1-646-787-8521. The show features a variety of formats including 1 on1 interviews, roundtable discussions, phone in shows, former player interviews and much more.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Podcast exclusive with the Tao of Stieb
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 15– “Motor City Melancholy”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 11th– “Judgement Day is Coming”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 10th– “Houston, we have a problem”
- Jays Journal Exclusive with Jackie Redmond
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 5th– “Start Spreading the News”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 4th– “Back in a New York Minute”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 3rd– “Sunday, bloody Sunday”
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 26th– Round Table (Pannikar, Bruce, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 25th– Round Table (Borden, Raponi, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 24th– Dr. Kristina Reihl, Mathew Tsang, Colin Tesky
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 23rd– Scott MacArthur, Chris Henderson, Mark Hebscher
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 14th– Matt Graves, Craig Borden, & Chris Henderson
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
- And many more..
Next: Blue Jays A season ruined by blisters
“Ari Shapiro is the host and creative director of the Jays Journal radio podcast and is a freelance writer, interviewer, and producer. He’s appeared on the Fan 590 Sportsnet radio, 90.5 FM Extra Talk Sports radio, and is a proud contributor with FanSided.”