Blue Jays: Jays Journal Podcast- “Dog Days Be Damned”
Jays Journal has recently launched a new podcast, which is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wide range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
Jays Journal Podcast – August 18. “Dog Days Be Damned.”
With their season hanging by a thread and under siege from the countless voices of defeatism, comes an inspiringly unpredictable series win against Tampa Bay as the Blue Jays rallied to take three out of four against one of the key teams ahead of them in the standings and, in doing so, have pushed their way into a baseball conversation that didn’t seem remotely plausible only a few short weeks ago.
On today’s podcast, we’re pleased to have a cavalcade of guests who all share the same measure of enthusiasm and hope; Singer-sportscaster Jessica Ng (@sportsbyjess) leads off with an interview with host Ari Shapiro, in which she talks about her appreciation for the 2017 team (4:30), how millennials should embrace the power of context when it comes to the history of this franchise (6:02), what inspired her to become a sports journalist (10:01), and her thoughts on Roberto Osuna after interviewing him (13:05).
More from Jays Journal
- Blue Jays: Alek Manoah on pace to succeed in possible postseason
- Blue Jays: Bradley Zimmer has carved himself a valuable role
- Anthony Bass has been the shutdown reliever the Blue Jays needed
- Blue Jays: Vladimir Guerrero Jr. open to a long-term contract
- Blue Jays: Snapping cold streaks at the right time
Next, we have a magnificent round table that includes science-fiction and horror novelist, Brian Clement (@brianfhclement), author and public relations guru, Joy Frank-Collins (@joyfc), and the voice of the Lansing Lugnuts, Jesse Goldberg-Strassler (@jgoldstrass), who sit down to discuss: the recent stretch of “wild-card fantasies” (17:01), if the promise of being competitive 2018 is a sure bet or likely a pipe dream (18:11), will the Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees prove too formidable for the future (25:22), has the Skydome/Rogers Centre experience remained worthwhile to the average fan (33:35), and if a ticket price increase of 17% will prove to be a public relations disaster (39:30).
Follow us @jaysjournal, the host Ari Shapiro (@ari_shapiro), and check back regularly for an exciting new addition to the website. Be sure to watch these accounts for your next opportunity to phone in at 1-646-787-8521. The show features a variety of formats including 1 on1 interviews, roundtable discussions, phone in shows, former player interviews and much more.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays journal Podcast- Aug 15th– “The Price of Loyalty”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 14th– “Cold Hard Facts”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 11th– “Fight The Good Fight”
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive with Jesse Barfield
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 7th– “Ruthless Baseball Gods”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 3rd– “Three Wise Men” (Zwelling, Goldberg-Strassler, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 2nd– “A Glimmer Of Hope”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 1st– “Faith In An Uncertain Future”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 31– “The More Things Change”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 24th– “Strength of Will”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 19- “Hope and Misery”
- Jays Journal Podcast exclusive with the Tao of Stieb
- Jays Journal Exclusive with Jackie Redmond
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 5th– “Start Spreading the News”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 4th– “Back in a New York Minute”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 3rd– “Sunday, bloody Sunday”
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
- And many more..
Next: Donaldson proving he's still of MVP calibre
“Ari Shapiro is the host and creative director of the Jays Journal radio podcast and is a freelance writer, interviewer, and producer. He’s appeared on the Fan 590 Sportsnet radio, 90.5 FM Extra Talk Sports radio, and is a proud contributor with FanSided.”