Blue Jays: Jays Journal Podcast- “An Unforgiving Season”
Jays Journal has recently launched a new podcast, which is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wide range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
Jays Journal Podcast – August 24. “An Unforgiving Season.”
The Blue Jays found themselves pleasantly surprised by the spot start heroics of journeyman Tom Koehler and profoundly disappointed with an anemic offence that failed to generate any run support in a 2-0 loss to the Rays.
And so, yet another winnable series falls by the wayside; notwithstanding the inevitable melancholy that follows, we’re pleased to bring you a bona fide diversion of the first order as host Ari Shapiro is joined by a stellar round table consisting of Sportsnet writer and blogger, Tao of Stieb (@TaoofStieb), motivational speaker and mental game coach, Diamyn Hall (@DiamynHall), and podcaster and host of South of the Six, Adam Corsair (@ACorsair21; @SouthOfThe6ix). Together, they set out to tackle a multitude of pressing issues including:
More from Jays Journal
- Matt Chapman has been exactly what the Blue Jays needed
- Blue Jays: The goalposts are moving in the right direction
- Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays advance to the Championship Series
- Blue Jays: Comparisons for Alek Manoah’s Second Season
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
The microcosm of post-season futility that was the Tampa Bay series (3:01), if the front office is taking advantage of fans with their marketing rose-colored glasses (6:20), how fans will likely remember this season once it’s over (12:18), equating player regression versus underachievement (15:41), will the Donaldson-Tulowitzki-Martin leadership triumvirate remain in place for 2018 (19:21), the Josh Donaldson conundrum (21:57), if the team should make a free agent splash during the off-season (27:42), and understanding priorities for the future (31:55).
Tonight’s episode was brought to you by: Cloudwifi (cloudwifi.ca). Do you live in a condominium and are paying too much for internet? Surf faster and save money by getting your building on-board for a chance to win a pair of season tickets for the 2018 Toronto Blue Jays regular season. E-mail email@example.com today and see if you qualify.
Follow us @jaysjournal, the host Ari Shapiro (@ari_shapiro), and check back regularly for an exciting new addition to the website. Be sure to watch these accounts for your next opportunity to phone in at 1-646-787-8521. The show features a variety of formats including 1 on1 interviews, roundtable discussions, phone in shows, former player interviews and much more.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 18th– “Dog Days Be Damned”
- Jays journal Podcast- Aug 15th– “The Price of Loyalty”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 14th– “Cold Hard Facts”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 11th– “Fight The Good Fight”
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive with Jesse Barfield
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 7th– “Ruthless Baseball Gods”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 3rd– “Three Wise Men” (Zwelling, Goldberg-Strassler, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 2nd– “A Glimmer Of Hope”
- Jays Journal Podcast exclusive with the Tao of Stieb
- Jays Journal Exclusive with Jackie Redmond
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
- And many more..
Next: What's gone wrong with Kendrys Morales lately?
“Ari Shapiro is the host and creative director of the Jays Journal radio podcast and is a freelance writer, interviewer, and producer. He’s appeared on the Fan 590 Sportsnet radio, 90.5 FM Extra Talk Sports radio, and is a proud contributor with FanSided.”