The Jays Journal Podcast is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wide range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
As a plethora of reinforcements make their way to the true north, strong and free – the Blue Jays find themselves playing a rare brand of baseball which includes: clutch hitting, timely pitching, and outstanding defense against teams in dire need of victories. Last night’s game against Baltimore and their recent series win against the (unfathomably bad) Tigers was further affirmation of the “September spectacle” put on display by the front office for all fans see.
In lieu of such circumstances, we are proud to bring you a formidable round table comprised of three heavyweight minor league aficionados who know a thing or two about elite prospects; Craig Borden (@Craigers1221) of Jays Journal, Jason Woodell (@JasonAtTheGame) of Prospects1500.com, and Jesse Goldberg-Strassler (@jgoldstrass), voice of the Lansing Lugnuts. Tune in and listen as they discuss:
More from Jays Journal
- Matt Chapman has been exactly what the Blue Jays needed
- Blue Jays: The goalposts are moving in the right direction
- Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays advance to the Championship Series
- Blue Jays: Comparisons for Alek Manoah’s Second Season
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
What it means to witness youth on display during a lost season in September (2:30), how they collectively felt about hearing ESPN’s Keith Law proclaiming Guerrero Jr. as the best prospect in all of MLB (7:49), thoughts on stretching Osuna into a starter and bridging the 2019 gap (19:01), if Biagini remains a viable option in the rotation moving forward (24:12), on the promise of Borucki (33:30), and how they will remember the 2019 season (39:31).
Tonight’s episode was brought to you by: Cloudwifi (cloudwifi.ca). Do you live in a condominium and are paying too much for internet? Surf faster & save money by getting your building on-board and win a pair of season tickets for the 2018 Toronto Blue Jays regular season. E-mail email@example.com today to see if you qualify.
Follow us @jaysjournal, the host Ari Shapiro (@ari_shapiro), and check back regularly for an exciting new addition to the website. Be sure to watch these accounts for your next opportunity to phone in at 1-646-787-8521. The show features a variety of formats including 1 on1 interviews, roundtable discussions, phone in shows, former player interviews and much more.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 8th- “In Youth We Trust”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Sept 1st- “Back to the Future”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 27th– “The Price of Nostalgia”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 24th– “An Unforgiving Season”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 18th– “Dog Days Be Damned”
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive with Jesse Barfield
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 7th– “Ruthless Baseball Gods”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 3rd– “Three Wise Men” (Zwelling, Goldberg-Strassler, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast exclusive with the Tao of Stieb
- Jays Journal Exclusive with Jackie Redmond
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
- And many more..