Blue Jays: Jays Journal Podcast- “The Price of Nostalgia”
The Jays Journal Podcast is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wide range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
Jays Journal Podcast – August 27. “The Price of Nostalgia.”
On a day where sandlot nicknames and heavy nostalgia permeated the air at the stadium that was once known as the Skydome, the Blue Jays ran headlong into the buzzsaw that was Byron Buxton and suffered an ignominious defeat at the hands of a team they were chasing, losing 7-2 to the Minnesota Twins.
Although the present may seem bleak and full of terrors, we’re thrilled to bring you a savvy round table comprised of tremendous baseball minds; podcaster and blogger Brent Cardy (@BrentCardyShow), Jays Journal site expert and writer, Chris Henderson (@baseball4brains), and sportscaster Colin Teskey (@TeskeyRadio) of the Fan 590. Together, they sit down with host Ari Shapiro to mull over:
More from Jays Journal
- Matt Chapman has been exactly what the Blue Jays needed
- Blue Jays: The goalposts are moving in the right direction
- Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays advance to the Championship Series
- Blue Jays: Comparisons for Alek Manoah’s Second Season
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
Why Sunday is the worst day of the baseball week for Blue Jays fans in 2017 (4:11), if Joe Biagini will remain in the rotation and where his role will be in 2018 (6:12), Marcus Stroman or Justin Smoak for team MVP (10:07), Josh Donaldson’s nuclear second half and why the team can’t possibly afford to lose him (12:33), why the next year is absolutely crucial in keeping fair-weather fans coming to the ballpark (17:31), if the 40 in 40 greatest Blue Jays is a reflection of a loyal and stunted fanbase(20:08), and the inherent dangers of being owned by a media company (23:29).
Tonight’s episode was brought to you by: Cloudwifi (cloudwifi.ca). Do you live in a condominium and are paying too much for internet? Surf faster and save money by getting your building on-board for a chance to win a pair of season tickets for the 2018 Toronto Blue Jays regular season. E-mail email@example.com today and see if you qualify.
Follow us @jaysjournal, the host Ari Shapiro (@ari_shapiro), and check back regularly for an exciting new addition to the website. Be sure to watch these accounts for your next opportunity to phone in at 1-646-787-8521. The show features a variety of formats including 1 on1 interviews, roundtable discussions, phone in shows, former player interviews and much more.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 24th– “An Unforgiving Season”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 18th– “Dog Days Be Damned”
- Jays journal Podcast- Aug 15th– “The Price of Loyalty”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 14th– “Cold Hard Facts”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 11th– “Fight The Good Fight”
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive with Jesse Barfield
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 7th– “Ruthless Baseball Gods”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 3rd– “Three Wise Men” (Zwelling, Goldberg-Strassler, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 2nd– “A Glimmer Of Hope”
- Jays Journal Podcast exclusive with the Tao of Stieb
- Jays Journal Exclusive with Jackie Redmond
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
- And many more..
Next: Biagini's struggles may alter the front office's plans
“Ari Shapiro is the host and creative director of the Jays Journal radio podcast and is a freelance writer, interviewer, and producer. He’s appeared on the Fan 590 Sportsnet radio, 90.5 FM Extra Talk Sports radio, and is a proud contributor with FanSided.”