Blue Jays: Jays Journal Podcast- “Back to the Future”
The Jays Journal Podcast is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wide range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
Jays Journal Podcast – September 1. “Back to the Future.”
After finding themselves hot on the heels of a rather humiliating but not entirely surprising sweep at the hands of the Red Sox, the Blue Jays went into Baltimore searching for answers on the road. Kendrys Morales was more than happy to oblige as he slammed a trio of monster home runs against the Orioles in an action-packed antithesis to a pitcher’s game, prevailing 11-8.
Host Ari Shapiro is joined by three magnificent baseball minds who are all experts in their appreciation for the minor league system and have unique perspectives on the full scope of talent on the horizon; Jays Journal minor league guru and writer, Craig Borden (@Craigers1221), sportscaster for the Florida State League and prospects1500.com, Jason Woodell (@JasonAtTheGame), and baseball author, podcaster, and the voice of the Lansing Lugnuts, Jesse Goldberg-Strassler (@jgoldstrass). Together, they discuss:
More from Jays Journal
- Matt Chapman has been exactly what the Blue Jays needed
- Blue Jays: The goalposts are moving in the right direction
- Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays advance to the Championship Series
- Blue Jays: Comparisons for Alek Manoah’s Second Season
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
What to expect from an infusion of youthful talent with the expanded roster (4:30), which specific players the round table is eager to see in September (5:51), the disturbing reality that is a lack of speed (9:32), the Jose Bautista leadoff experiment (15:41), on the black hole at second base (19:51), if there’s anyone besides Bichette and Guerrero Jr. who should be considered untouchable (24:51), and which elite prospect will be a starter first (28:11).
Tonight’s episode was brought to you by: Cloudwifi (cloudwifi.ca). Do you live in a condominium and are paying too much for internet? Surf faster and save money by getting your building on-board for a chance to win a pair of season tickets for the 2018 Toronto Blue Jays regular season. E-mail email@example.com today and see if you qualify.
Follow us @jaysjournal, the host Ari Shapiro (@ari_shapiro), and check back regularly for an exciting new addition to the website. Be sure to watch these accounts for your next opportunity to phone in at 1-646-787-8521. The show features a variety of formats including 1 on1 interviews, roundtable discussions, phone in shows, former player interviews and much more.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 27th– “The Price of Nostalgia”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 24th– “An Unforgiving Season”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 18th– “Dog Days Be Damned”
- Jays journal Podcast- Aug 15th– “The Price of Loyalty”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 14th– “Cold Hard Facts”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 11th– “Fight The Good Fight”
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive with Jesse Barfield
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 7th– “Ruthless Baseball Gods”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 3rd– “Three Wise Men” (Zwelling, Goldberg-Strassler, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 2nd– “A Glimmer Of Hope”
- Jays Journal Podcast exclusive with the Tao of Stieb
- Jays Journal Exclusive with Jackie Redmond
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
- And many more..
Next: A playing time plan for September
“Ari Shapiro is the host and creative director of the Jays Journal radio podcast and is a freelance writer, interviewer, and producer. He’s appeared on the Fan 590 Sportsnet radio, 90.5 FM Extra Talk Sports radio, and is a proud contributor with FanSided.”