Blue Jays: Jays Journal Podcast- “Fight the good fight”
By Ari Shapiro
Jays Journal has recently launched a new podcast, which is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wide range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
Jays Journal Podcast – August 11. “Fight The Good Fight.”
The Toronto Blue Jays continued their 2017 tradition of following horrendously disappointing losses with encouragingly inspiring victories like shutting out the New York Yankees, 4-0, in winning a key series against the wild card leaders. Marco Estrada put on an exquisite display of pitching that handcuffed the Bronx Bombers and easily resembled his previous two years of success, while Josh Donaldson and Jose Bautista reminded fans why this team remains competitive when their best players show up.
On tonight’s show, host Ari Shapiro is proud to bring you a dynamic and gregarious round table consisting of Sportsnet’s Tao of Stieb (@TaoofStieb), Jays Journal site expert Chris Henderson (@Baseball4Brains) and minor league guru Craig Borden (@Craigers1221), who are all eager to explore the virtues of looking at this team from multiple and not always comfortable baseball perspectives, including:
More from Jays Journal
- Matt Chapman has been exactly what the Blue Jays needed
- Blue Jays: The goalposts are moving in the right direction
- Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays advance to the Championship Series
- Blue Jays: Comparisons for Alek Manoah’s Second Season
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
What to make of all these injuries and the patchwork quilt of players that have kept this season together (3:45), why this year has featured an abnormal number of one-sided debacles (10:07),should the Blue Jays continue with Pillar as part of their rebuild-and-compete-strategy in 2018 (13:11), on throwing caution to the wind with “can’t miss” elite prospects and what happens if they don’t pan out (19:01).
They also discuss why investing in free agents is key to their future (26:15), which starters should sit over the next 6 weeks for farm prospects (31:01), if John Gibbons, Peter Walker, and Brook Jacoby are the three wise men that should lead them in 2018 (34:45), and why this franchise has always struggled to find established managerial leadership (39:30).
Follow us @jaysjournal, the host Ari Shapiro (@ari_shapiro), and check back regularly for an exciting new addition to the website. Be sure to watch these accounts for your next opportunity to phone in at 1-646-787-8521. The show features a variety of formats including 1 on1 interviews, roundtable discussions, phone in shows, former player interviews and much more.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive with Jesse Barfield
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 7th– “Ruthless Baseball Gods”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 3rd– “Three Wise Men” (Zwelling, Goldberg-Strassler, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 2nd– “A Glimmer Of Hope”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 1st– “Faith In An Uncertain Future”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 31– “The More Things Change”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 24th– “Strength of Will”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 19- “Hope and Misery”
- Jays Journal Podcast exclusive with the Tao of Stieb
- Jays Journal Exclusive with Jackie Redmond
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 5th– “Start Spreading the News”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 4th– “Back in a New York Minute”
- Jays Journal Podcast- July 3rd– “Sunday, bloody Sunday”
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 24th– Dr. Kristina Reihl, Mathew Tsang, Colin Tesky
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 23rd– Scott MacArthur, Chris Henderson, Mark Hebscher
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
- And many more..
Next: Blue Jays need to address the keystone for 2018
“Ari Shapiro is the host and creative director of the Jays Journal radio podcast and is a freelance writer, interviewer, and producer. He’s appeared on the Fan 590 Sportsnet radio, 90.5 FM Extra Talk Sports radio, and is a proud contributor with FanSided.”