The Jays Journal Podcast is hosted by our own Ari Shapiro, and can be found on blogtalkradio.com. Tune in regularly to hear Ari and a wide range of guests talk about current issues, have roundtable discussions, and regularly take your calls to discuss all things Blue Jays.
It’s hard to believe that as the glorious prospect of spring training continues to tantalize fans of the Toronto Blue Jays, we find ourselves searching for answers to perennial questions that will only be answered with the passage of time.
Will Mark Shapiro and Ross Atkins keep this team competitive with roster moves that have been described as shrewd by some or and simply frugal by others? Will remaining payroll expectations include a significant free agent upgrade or will a home grown alternative rise to the surface? And will the impact of players like Diaz, Solarte, Grichuk, and Granderson translate into sustained success?
More from Jays Journal
- Matt Chapman has been exactly what the Blue Jays needed
- Blue Jays: The goalposts are moving in the right direction
- Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays advance to the Championship Series
- Blue Jays: Comparisons for Alek Manoah’s Second Season
- Blue Jays: Adam Cimber, the unlikely decision King
First, were visited by the baseball editor at Rogers Sportsnet, Ben Nicholson-Smith (@bincholsonsmith), who drops in to discuss: why some of the biggest names in free agency 2018 haven’t signed yet, if we should put stock in reclamation projects, if an opportunity was lost with the Miami Marlins, how the Donaldson saga is likely to play out, impressions of Tony Fernandez, and the quagmire that is Morales. (4:21)
Next, Richard Birfer (@richardbirfs) and Dan Seguin (@danseguin23) of the Collegiate Baseball Scouting Network (@CBScoutingNet), offer us their weekly take on catching prospect Danny Jansen and what the future holds in store for this exciting young player. (35:01)
Tonight’s episode was brought to you by: Cloudwifi (cloudwifi.ca). Do you live in a condominium and are paying too much for internet? Surf faster & save money by getting your building on-board and win a pair of season tickets for the 2018 Toronto Blue Jays regular season. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org today to see if you qualify.
Check out our previous episodes below:
- Jays Journal Podcast- Exclusive interview with Tony Fernandez
- Jays Journal Podcast- Year in review 2017
- Jays Journal Podcast- Dec 19th- “Soft Resets and Intellectual Exercises”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Dec 13th– “New School & Nostalgia”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Dec 7th– “Perception is Reality”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Nov 16th– “Dare to Dream”
- Jays Journal Podcast- Nov 1st– “Struggling for Legitimacy”
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive with Jesse Barfield
- Jays Journal Podcast- Aug 3rd– “Three Wise Men” (Zwelling, Goldberg-Strassler, Henderson)
- Jays Journal Podcast exclusive with the Tao of Stieb
- Jays Journal Exclusive with Jackie Redmond
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 30th– With Sportnet’s Arden Zwelling
- Jays Journal Podcast- June 28th- Todd Stottlemyre, relentlessly candid
- Jays Journal Podcast- featuring guest, Ben Nicholson-Smith
- Jays Journal Podcast Exclusive- The Todd Stottlemyre Interview
- And many, many more…