After a difficult loss at the hands of the San Francisco Giants on Tuesday evening, the Toronto Blue Jays are eyeing a bounceback performance with a "bullpen day" set to go down on the mound. With multiple pitchers on hand as multi-inning options, the Blue Jays should have quite a few options to provide some length in a game in which the offense must take on the Giants' best pitcher.
Probable starting pitchers
- Trevor Richards is set to function as the "opener" for the Blue Jays in tonight's contest. The right-hander has already opened two games for the Jays this year, so he is seemingly settling into this role in Alek Manoah's absence. On the year, the 30-year-old has a 3.53 ERA, 4.35 FIP and 116 ERA+ across 35.2 innings of work. Options to follow him include Mitch White (who pitched one-third of an inning last night) or Bowden Francis.
- For the Giants, right-hander Logan Webb is set to make his 17th start of the year. After successfully trotting an opener out in last night's game, the Giants are now set to turn to their staff ace who has been as advertised for them this year. Currently leading the majors with 105+ innings this year, Webb is 7-6 with a 3.16 ERA and 135 ERA+ with 101 strikeouts and just 21 walks allowed.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, June 28
- 1. RF George Springer
- 2. SS Bo Bichette
- 3. DH Brandon Belt
- 4. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 5. 3B Matt Chapman
- 6. CF Daulton Varsho
- 7. LF Whit Merrifield
- 8. C Danny Jansen
- 9. 2B Cavan Biggio
San Francisco Giants starting lineup, June 28
- 1. 1B LaMonte Wade Jr.
- 2. 2B Thairo Estrada
- 3. 3B J.D. Davis
- 4. DH Joc Pederson
- 5. C Patrick Bailey
- 6. RF Michael Conforto
- 7. CF Luis Matos
- 8. LF Blake Sabol
- 9. SS Casey Schmitt
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on tonight?
- Game time: 7:07 pm ET
- Sportsnet will have the broadcast for the Blue Jays.
- Giants fans can catch the game on NBCS BA.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- Giants fans can tune into the game on KNBR 680.