At 43-36, the Toronto Blue Jays possess a win-loss record strong enough to put them near the top of virtually any division in Major League Baseball this year ... except their own. With the Rays, Orioles and Yankees all continuing their winning ways, the Jays are stuck in fourth place, 10 games back of first in the AL East. While it's not quite time to give up hope and eye a Wild Card spot, the WC Series is a nice fallback to have, and should be easily reachable if the Jays can't secure a division title. Next up on the agenda for the Jays is the 44-34 San Francisco Giants, who are 8-2 in their last 10 games, proving to be a worthy opponent.
Probable starting pitchers
- Former Giant Kevin Gausman is set to make his 17th start of the 2023 campaign. The right-hander has been money for the Blue Jays, putting up a 7-3 record with a 3.10 ERA, AL-leading 2.70 FIP and an ERA+ of 131. He spent the 2020 and 2021 seasons on the Giants and actually began his rise to prominence while functioning as a member of their starting rotation.
- For the Giants, 27-year-old Ryan Walker is going to be making the fourth "start" of his big league career, functioning as an opener. To kick off his career, the right-hander has been electric, posting a 1.89 ERA and 3.79 FIP through 15 outings and 19 innings of work. In that time, has has 20 strikeouts and seven walks while allowing just four (earned) runs to score.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, June 27
- 1. RF George Springer
- 2. SS Bo Bichette
- 3. DH Brandon Belt
- 4. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 5. 3B Matt Chapman
- 6. CF Daulton Varsho
- 7. LF Whit Merrifield
- 8. C Danny Jansen
- 9. 2B Cavan Biggio
San Francisco Giants starting lineup, June 27
- 1. 1B LaMonte Wade Jr.
- 2. DH Joc Pederson
- 3. 3B J.D. Davis
- 4. RF Michael Conforto
- 5. LF Blake Sabol
- 6. 2B Thairo Estrada
- 7. C Patrick Bailey
- 8. SS Brandon Crawford
- 9. CF Luis Matos
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on tonight?
- Game time: 7:07 pm ET
- Sportsnet and TVA Sports will have the broadcast for the Blue Jays.
- Giants fans can catch the game on NBCS BA.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- Giants fans can tune into the game on KNBR 680.