After falling short in Friday evening's contest, the Toronto Blue Jays are set to take on the Chicago Cubs for the second of a three-game set. Prior to this afternoon's matchup, the Jays placed Hagen Danner on the 15-day injured list with a left oblique strain. Replacing him on the active roster is Nate Pearson, who the club recalled from Triple-A Buffalo. Additionally, today is the day the Jays are going to formally add José Bautista to the Level of Excellence.
Probable starting pitchers
- The Blue Jays are set to send right-hander Chris Bassitt to the mound to make his 25th start of the year. The nine-year veteran is coming off of one of his strongest starts of the year in which he went seven innings of one-run ball and six strikeouts against the Red Sox. On the season, the 34-year-old is 11-6 with a 3.87 ERA, 4.57 FIP and 108 ERA+ in just under 140 innings of work.
- For the Cubs, left-hander Justin Steele is set to make his 22nd start of the season. Steele, an All-Star for the first time earlier this year, has easily been the best pitcher on the Cubs' pitching staff, as evidenced by his 13-3 record and miniscule 2.68 ERA. The 27-year-old also possesses the best ERA+ in the majors with a 171 mark.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, August 12
- 1. LF Whit Merrifield
- 2. DH George Springer
- 3. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 4. 3B Matt Chapman
- 5. 2B Davis Schneider
- 6. C Alejandro Kirk
- 7. RF Cavan Biggio
- 8. SS Santiago Espinal
- 9. CF Daulton Varsho
Chicago Cubs starting lineup, August 12
- 1. CF Mike Tauchman
- 2. 2B Nico Hoerner
- 3. LF Ian Happ
- 4. 1B Cody Bellinger
- 5. SS Dansby Swanson
- 6. DH Christopher Morel
- 7. 3B Jeimer Candelario
- 8. RF Seiya Suzuki
- 9. C Yan Gomes
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on tonight?
- Game time: 3:07 pm ET
- Sportsnet will have the broadcast for the Blue Jays.
- The Cubs broadcast will be on Marquee Sports Network.
- On a national stage, MLB Network will have the game for out-of-network viewers only.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- Cubs fans can tune into the game on 670 The Score.