The Toronto Blue Jays were able to pull off a much-needed victory over the Washington Nationals in Monday night's contest, but failed to make up any ground in the AL East race as both the Orioles and the Rays continue to win their own ballgames. With a relatively easy schedule in the coming days, the Jays need to keep the wins coming if they hope to stand any sort of chance once the end of the season rolls around.
Probable starting pitchers
- For the Blue Jays, José Berríos is set to make his 27th start of the season. After holding the Reds to just one hit with eight strikeouts two starts ago, he struggled mightily in his last outing against the Orioles and is looking for a major bounceback. On the season, the 29-year-old has been solid as a rock for the Jays, posting a 3.55 ERA, 4.05 FIP and 120 ERA+ through 152 innings of work.
- The Nationals will send left-hander MacKenzie Gore to the mound for his 26th start of the year. Gore, 24, is in his first full year with Washington after coming over in the massive Juan Soto trade last season. Things have not gotten off to the best start for the once-promising prospect, as he is 6-10 with a 4.38 ERA and 4.62 FIP through just over 127 innings this season. Notably, his strikeout numbers are up quite a bit (9.3 K/9 in 2022 to 10.2 in 2023), but not much else has gone right for him.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, August 29
- 1. RF George Springer
- 2. 2B Davis Schneider
- 3. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 4. C Danny Jansen
- 5. LF Whit Merrifield
- 6. DH Alejandro Kirk
- 7. SS Ernie Clement
- 8. 3B Santiago Espinal
- 9. CF Kevin Kiermaier
Washington Nationals starting lineup, August 29
- 1. SS CJ Abrams
- 2. RF Lane Thomas
- 3. DH Joey Meneses
- 4. C Keibert Ruiz
- 5. 1B Dominic Smith
- 6. 3B Carter Kieboom
- 7. LF Jake Alu
- 8. 2B Ildemaro Vargas
- 9. CF Jacob Young
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on tonight?
- Game time: 7:07 pm ET
- Sportsnet will have the Blue Jays broadcast.
- Nationals fans can catch the game on MASN 2.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- Nationals fans can tune into the game on WJFK 106.7 The Fan.