After losing a heartbreaker in the finale of the series against the Cleveland Guardians, the Toronto Blue Jays look to bounce back as play the Washington Nationals in the upcoming three-game series at the Rogers Centre. This series will be critical for the Blue Jays as they are currently trailing both the Houston Astros and Texas Rangers for the Wild Card playoff spots in the American League.
Probable starting pitchers
- For the Blue Jays, they will have their ace Kevin Gausman going for them to lead off the series. Gausman has been struggling somewhat of late, going 2-4 with a 3.76 ERA in his last seven starts. However, he is coming off a strong quality start against the Baltimore Orioles in which he went six innings, giving up two earned runs, five hits, while striking out eight. He certainly is the right person to get the Jays back on track as they fight for their playoff lives.
- The Nationals will be sending the much-improved Josiah Gray to the mound as he searches for his eighth win of the season. The former second round pick is looking to continue his solid season with the Nationals as he aims to finish off his season in these final weeks on a high note entering free agency.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, August 28
- 1. RF George Springer
- 2. DH Brandon Belt
- 3. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 4. 3B Davis Schneider
- 5. 2B Whit Merrifield
- 6. LF Daulton Varsho
- 7. C Danny Jansen
- 8. SS Ernie Clement
- 9. CF Kevin Kiermaier
Washington Nationals starting lineup, August 28
- 1. SS CJ Abrams
- 2. RF Lane Thomas
- 3. DH Joey Meneses
- 4. C Keibert Ruiz
- 5. 1B Dominic Smith
- 6. 3B Ildemaro Vargas
- 7. 2B Jake Alu
- 8. LF Alex Call
- 9. CF Jacob Young
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on tonight?
- Game time: 7:07 pm ET
- Sportsnet, TVA Sports, and SN NOW App will have the Blue Jays broadcast.
- Nationals fans can catch the game on MASN.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590 and Sportsnet.ca.
- Nationals fans can tune into the game on WJFK 106.7 The Fan.