Continuing a tough stretch of games against some of the top organizations in the league, the Toronto Blue Jays are now set to take on the first-place Texas Rangers for a three-game weekend series. The Rangers are 42-26 and currently sport the best run differential in Major League Baseball, so they are going to represent yet another worthy opponent for the 38-32 Jays.
Probable starting pitchers
- For the Blue Jays, right-hander Kevin Gausman is set to make his 15th start of the year. The 32-year-old continues to be one of the best hurlers in not just the AL, but the entire league. In 86.2 innings of work, he is 5-3 with a 3.12 ERA, 2.58 FIP and 131 ERA+. His 117 strikeouts currently leading the AL, as does his 12.2 SO/9 rate.
- On the other end of the mound matchup is going to be Martín Pérez of the Rangers. This year, the 32-year-old southpaw has been one of the weaker links in the Rangers' rotation, pitching to a 4.67 ERA, 4.91 FIP and 91 ERA+ in his first 13 starts. After experiencing a resurgence last year, Pérez has declined a bit, and will likely represent the "worst" starter the Blue Jays come across this series, although he is no slouch out there.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, June 16
- 1. RF George Springer
- 2. LF Whit Merrifield
- 3. SS Bo Bichette
- 4. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 5. C Alejandro Kirk
- 6. 3B Matt Chapman
- 7. DH Danny Jansen
- 8. CF Daulton Varsho
- 9. 2B Santiago Espinal
Texas Rangers starting lineup, June 16
- 1. 2B Marcus Semien
- 2. SS Corey Seager
- 3. 1B Nathaniel Lowe
- 4. RF Adolis García
- 5. 3B Josh Jung
- 6. C Jonah Heim
- 7. DH Mitch Garver
- 8. LF Travis Jankowski
- 9. CF Leody Taveras
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on tonight?
- Game time: 8:05 pm ET
- Sportsnet will have the broadcast for the Blue Jays.
- Rangers fans can catch the game on Bally Sports Southwest.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- Rangers fans can tune into the game on 105.3 The Fan and KFLC 1270.