At long last, we have arrived at the final regular season series of the 2023 campaign. The Toronto Blue Jays are so, so close to a playoff berth - needing a win while the Mariners lose - but the Tampa Bay Rays are standing in their way. The Rays, sitting at 97-62, are comfortably in the postseason already and will hopefully take it easy on the Jays tonight (let a man dream, please).
Probable starting pitchers
- Yusei Kikuchi is set to make his 32nd and final start of the regular season. Once takes the mound, he will mark the fourth Blue Jays pitcher (Bassitt, Gausman, Berríos) to make a full season of 32 starts, which is easily the most in the majors. Kikuchi, 32, has been electric all year long and is wrapping up one hell of a bounceback campaign. In just under 163 innings, the left-hander is 10-6 with a 3.82 ERA, 4.08 FIP and 110 ERA+, all career-highs.
- For the Rays, trade deadline acquisition Aaron Civale will be making his 23rd overall start and 10th since coming over from the Guardians. The right-hander has had a solid season in his own right, posting a combined 3.43 ERA and 122 ERA+ split between his two clubs. While his last outing (three innings, six earned runs) didn't go well, he's only a few weeks removed from a 12-strikeout performance against the Red Sox, so he is not to be taken lightly.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, September 29
- 1. RF George Springer
- 2. DH Brandon Belt
- 3. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 4. SS Bo Bichette
- 5. 2B Cavan Biggio
- 6. C Alejandro Kirk
- 7. CF Kevin Kiermaier
- 8. 3B Matt Chapman
- 9. LF Daulton Varsho
Tampa Bay Rays starting lineup, September 29
- 1. DH Yandy Díaz
- 2. RF Harold Ramírez
- 3. 2B Curtis Mead
- 4. LF Randy Arozarena
- 5. 1B Isaac Paredes
- 6. SS Junior Caminero
- 7. CF Manuel Margot
- 8. 3B Osleivis Basabe
- 9. C René Pinto
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on tonight?
- Game time: 7:07 pm ET
- Sportsnet and TVA Sports will have the Blue Jays broadcast.
- Rays fans can catch the game on Bally Sports Sun.
- On a national stage, MLB Network will have the broadcast for out-of-market viewers only.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- Rays fans can tune into the game WDAE 620 AM / 95.3 FM and WBQN/1300AM.