Next up on the agenda for the red-hot Toronto Blue Jays are the San Diego Padres, who somehow are currently six games under .500 on the season. With such a stacked team from top to bottom, it truly is shocking that the Padres are in fourth place and 10.5 GB of the Dodgers in the NL West. Prior to this evening's game, San Diego designated Rougned Odor for assignment, so he's just barely going to be able to avoid the boos that he had coming his way throughout the series.
Probable starting pitchers
- For the Blue Jays, Alek Manoah is back at it and is going to be making his 15th start of the year. While things have not been great for the right-hander this season, his last outing against the Tigers was his first since a month-long demotion to the minor leagues and he looked great. In six innings of work, the 25-year-old allowed just one earned run and struck out eight batters.
- The Padres are set to send Joe Musgrove to the mound to make his 15th start of the year. So far this season, the 30-year-old has been one of the only bright spots on the club, as he is 8-2 with a 3.29 ERA and 124 ERA+ through 79+ innings of work. Musgrove is a former All-Star and is very much still a top-shelf talent, so he will not be an easy foe for these Blue Jays.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, July 18
- 1. RF George Springer
- 2. SS Bo Bichette
- 3. DH Brandon Belt
- 4. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 5. 3B Matt Chapman
- 6. 2B Whit Merrifield
- 7. LF Daulton Varsho
- 8. C Danny Jansen
- 9. CF Kevin Kiermaier
San Diego Padres starting lineup, July 18
- 1. 2B Ha-Seong Kim
- 2. RF Fernando Tatis Jr.
- 3. LF Juan Soto
- 4. 3B Manny Machado
- 5. SS Xander Bogaerts
- 6. 1B Jake Cronenworth
- 7. C Gary Sánchez
- 8. DH Matt Carpenter
- 9. CF Trent Grisham
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on tonight?
- Game time: 7:07 pm ET
- Sportsnet and TVA Sports will have the broadcast for the Blue Jays.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- Padres fans can tune into the game on KWFN 97.3 and XEMO 860.