With a playoff percentage of 68.7 (per ESPN), the Toronto Blue Jays are by no means out of it just yet, regardless of the 8.5 game deficit they face in the American League East. Next up on the docket is the Philadelphia Phillies who ESPN has at 84.3% to make the postseason. The club is 65-54 and is 11.5 GB of the Atlanta Braves in the NL East, and features one of the toughest lineups in the game.
Probable starting pitchers
- For the Blue Jays, Yusei Kikuchi is gearing up to make his 24th start of the season. The left-hander has been utterly dominant as of late and actually owns the game's best ERA since the All-Star break at 1.24. On the season, the 32-year-old is 9-4 with a 3.53 ERA, 4.52 FIP and 118 ERA+ as he continues to improve upon last year's dip in his stats.
- The Phillies are set to send right-hander Zack Wheeler to the mound to make his 24th start. The 33-year-old has gone at least six innings in six consecutive starts and has struck out at least seven batters in four of them. Despite the fact that his season got off to a rough start, Wheeler is 9-5 with a 3.74 ERA and an impressive 3.06 FIP in 137 innings of work.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, August 15
- 1. LF Whit Merrifield
- 2. DH Brandon Belt
- 3. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 4. RF George Springer
- 5. 2B Cavan Biggio
- 6. C Alejandro Kirk
- 7. CF Daulton Varsho
- 8. 3B Santiago Espinal
- 9. SS Paul DeJong
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, August 15
- 1. LF Kyle Schwarber
- 2. 1B Alec Bohm
- 3. DH Bryce Harper
- 4. RF Nick Castellanos
- 5. 2B Bryson Stott
- 6. SS Trea Turner
- 7. C JT Realmuto
- 8. 3B Edmundo Sosa
- 9. CF Johan Rojas
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on tonight?
- Game time: 7:07 pm ET
- Sportsnet and TVA Sports will have the broadcast for the Blue Jays.
- The Phillies broadcast will be on NBCSP.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- Phillies fans can tune into the game on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.