As much as the Blue Jays (76-62) have concerned their fanbase of late, they have won four of their previous five games. This includes a stressful but ultimately successful 6-5 win versus the Athletics (42-96) in Monday's series opener. As a result, the Blue Jays are now within 0.5 games of a wild card spot in the AL. They will now look to continue their momentum and secure the series in Oakland on Tuesday night.
Probable starting pitchers
- Chris Bassitt (13-7) continues to have a fine first season in Toronto. He is tied for the team lead with 17 quality starts and has the best WHIP among all regular members of the rotation. Bassitt also leads the AL with 13 wins. Last time out he had arguably his best outing of the season, allowing just three hits and no runs in 8.0 innings versus the Nationals.
- There is no way around the reality Ken Waldichuk (2-7) is having a challenging second season in the Majors. His struggles are highlighted by a 5.92 ERA, 5.52 FIP and 1.667 WHIP. In respect of the Athletics specifically, Waldichuk has a -0.5 WAR and just two quality outings in 19 starts (30 appearances overall). In his previous outing against the Mariners he actually pitched well, with just one hit and one earned run in 4.0 innings.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, September 5
- 1. DH George Springer
- 2. 2B Davis Schneider
- 3. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 4. LF Whit Merrifield
- 5. C Alejandro Kirk
- 6. RF Cavan Biggio
- 7. SS Ernie Clement
- 8. 3B Santiago Espinal
- 9. CF Kevin Kiermaier
Oakland Athletics starting lineup, September 5
- 1. 2B Zack Gelof
- 2. LF Tony Kemp
- 3. 1B Ryan Noda
- 4. RF Seth Brown
- 5. 3B Jordan Diaz
- 6. C Shea Langeliers
- 7. DH Tyler Soderstrom
- 8. CF Esteury Ruiz
- 9. SS Nick Allen
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on tonight?
- Game time - 9:40 pm ET
- Sportsnet will have the Blue Jays broadcast.
- Athletics fans can catch the game on NBCSCA.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- Athletics fans can tune into the game on Bloomberg 960 AM/103.7 HD2 and KIQI 1010.