Following their rain-soaked, series-clinching victory on Sunday, the Toronto Blue Jays (75-62) find themselves in the Bay Area to open a three-game set against the Oakland Athletics. At 42-95, the abysmal A's sit at the bottom of the AL West standings with one of the weakest offenses in the majors. For their part, the Blue Jays managed to get the bats going in Colorado, no doubt buoyed by the thin air and questionable Rockies pitching, scoring 27 runs in the three games at Coors Field.
Probable starting pitchers
- José Berríos will man the mound for the Blue Jays this afternoon in his 28th start of the season. Despite enjoying a successful bounce-back campaign, posting a 3.70 ERA so far, the right-hander's last two outings have been starts to forget. Facing the Nationals and Orioles, Berríos went six innings in both games but surrendered five runs and two long balls in each matchup. He'll have to right the ship today for a Blue Jays team that desperately needs wins to keep pace in the Wild Card race.
- Countering Berríos will be 24-year-old Luis Medina, who the A's only just activated from the injured list earlier today. The right-hander has struggled a bit in his first big league season, posting a 5.44 ERA, 4.91 FIP and 75 ERA+ through 18 appearances (13 starts).
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, September 4
- 1. RF George Springer
- 2. 3B Cavan Biggio
- 3. DH Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 4. 1B Spencer Horwitz
- 5. 2B Whit Merrifield
- 6. C Alejandro Kirk
- 7. LF Daulton Varsho
- 8. SS Ernie Clement
- 9. CF Kevin Kiermaier
Oakland Athletics starting lineup, September 4
- 1. LF Tony Kemp
- 2. 2B Zack Gelof
- 3. 1B Ryan Noda
- 4. DH Brent Rooker
- 5. RF Seth Brown
- 6. 3B Jordan Diaz
- 7. C Shea Langeliers
- 8. CF Lawrence Butler
- 9. SS Nick Allen
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on tonight?
- Game time: 4:07 pm ET
- Sportsnet and TVA Sports will have the Blue Jays broadcast.
- Athletics fans can catch the game on NBCSCA.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- Athletics fans can tune into the game on Bloomberg 960 AM/103.7 HD2 and KIQI 1010.