Following a nice 7-3 victory over the Oakland Athletics on Saturday, the Toronto Blue Jays are eyeing a series victory over the last-place A's. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. seems to be heating up at home at the perfect time, while the pitching staff has been solid as of late, too. In this afternoon's matchup, the Jays are set to take on a starter with an ERA over 7.00, so the offense should be seeing plenty of hittable pitches.
Probable starting pitchers
- For the Blue Jays, Yusei Kikuchi is gearing up to make his 16th start of 2023. The left-hander has an ERA+ of 103 as of right now, which would mark the first time he's ever been above-average in his entire career. On the season, the 32-year-old is 6-2 with an ERA of 3.97 in 77 innings of work.
- The Athletics are set to send former Yankees prospect Luis Medina to the mound for his 10th appearance and seventh start. So far this year, the 24-year-old has a 7.01 ERA to go along with a 5.74 FIP and 57 ERA+. He has struggled mightily with keeping the bases cleared to begin his big league career, allowing over 10 hits per nine innings with over two home runs per nine and just under four walks per nine.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, June 25
- 1. DH George Springer
- 2. LF Whit Merrifield
- 3. SS Bo Bichette
- 4. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 5. 3B Matt Chapman
- 6. RF Cavan Biggio
- 7. 2B Santiago Espinal
- 8. CF Kevin Kiermaier
- 9. C Tyler Heineman
Oakland Athletics starting lineup, June 25
- 1. CF Esteury Ruiz
- 2. 1B Carlos Pérez
- 3. RF Brent Rooker
- 4. SS Aledmys Díaz
- 5. 2B Jace Peterson
- 6. C Shea Langeliers
- 7. DH JJ Bleday
- 8. 3B Jonah Bride
- 9. LF Tony Kemp
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on today?
- Game time: 1:37 pm ET
- Sportsnet will have the broadcast for the Blue Jays.
- A's fans can catch the game on NBCSCA.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game today?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game today?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- A's fans can tune into the game on A's Cast and Bloomberg 960 AM / 103.7 HD2.