After a tough loss at the hands of the last-place Oakland Athletics, the Toronto Blue Jays are set to send one of their more reliable starting pitchers to the mound in this evening's contest in hopes of turning things around. In yesterday's game, Vladimir Guerrero Jr. finally hit his first home run at the Rogers Centre this season, but this proved to be some of the only offense in the game for the Jays, who lost 5-4.
Probable starting pitchers
- For the Blue Jays, 29-year-old José Berríos is set to make his 16th start of the season. While few fans may had him pegged as one of the better starters on the Jays' staff this year on their bingo card, nobody is complaining about him turning things around on the mound like he has. So far this year, the right-hander is 7-5 with a 3.64 ERA, 3.86 FIP and 112 ERA+ in 89 innings of work.
- The A's are going to be sending left-hander Hogan Harris to the mound for his seventh career appearance and third start. Harris, 26, has made five consecutive appearances of five innings or more and struck out seven batters in his last start against the Phillies. On the year, he has a 4.45 ERA, 3.77 FIP and 91 ERA+.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, June 24
- 1. RF George Springer
- 2. SS Bo Bichette
- 3. DH Brandon Belt
- 4. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 5. 3B Matt Chapman
- 6. LF Whit Merrifield
- 7. CF Daulton Varsho
- 8. C Danny Jansen
- 9. 2B Santiago Espinal
Oakland Athletics starting lineup, June 24
- 1. 2B Tony Kemp
- 2. 1B Ryan Noda
- 3. LF JJ Bleday
- 4. RF Seth Brown
- 5. DH Aledmys Díaz
- 6. 3B Jace Peterson
- 7. C Shea Langeliers
- 8. SS Tyler Wade
- 9. CF Esteury Ruiz
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on tonight?
- Game time: 4:07 pm ET
- Sportsnet will have the broadcast for the Blue Jays.
- A's fans can catch the game on NBCSCA.
- On a national stage, MLB Network will air the game as well for out-of-market viewers only.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- A's fans can tune into the game on A's Cast and Bloomberg 960 AM / 103.7 HD2.