The 41-35 Toronto Blue Jays are entering a stretch of winnable games that could help them out in a big way in gaining ground in the AL East. Next up on the docket is the Oakland Athletics, who have yet to reach even 20 wins on the season. This does not mean that they are to be viewed as an automatic victory, though, as they just recently put together a seven-game win streak prior to their current eight-game losing streak.
Probable starting pitchers
- For the Blue Jays, Chris Bassitt is set to take the mound against his former club. The 34-year-old right-hander has made 15 starts in 2023 and has been one of the more reliable arms on the Blue Jays' pitching staff. While things have not been perfect for him, he still is a respectable 7-5 with a 4.16 ERA in 88.2 innings of work this season.
- The Athletics are set to send a right-hander of their own out to the mound in tonight's matchup, James Kaprielian. On the current season, the 29-year-old has made 13 appearances (10 starts) and is just 2-6 with a 6.38 ERA, 5.29 FIP and 63 ERA+. He has been plagued by walks and home runs this season, so the offensive-heavy Jays should be presented with chances to strike hard and strike often against him.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, June 23
- 1. RF George Springer
- 2. SS Bo Bichette
- 3. DH Brandon Belt
- 4. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 5. 3B Matt Chapman
- 6. 2B Whit Merrifield
- 7. LF Daulton Varsho
- 8. C Danny Jansen
- 9. CF Kevin Kiermaier
Oakland Athletics starting lineup, June 23
- 1. 2B Tony Kemp
- 2. 1B Ryan Noda
- 3. CF JJ Bleday
- 4. RF Seth Brown
- 5. DH Aledmys Díaz
- 6. 3B Jace Peterson
- 7. C Shea Langeliers
- 8. SS Tyler Wade
- 9. LF Conner Capel
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on tonight?
- Game time: 7:07 pm ET
- Sportsnet and TVA Sports will have the broadcast for the Blue Jays.
- A's fans can catch the game on NBCSCA.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- A's fans can tune into the game on A's Cast and Bloomberg 960 AM / 103.7 HD2.