The Toronto Blue Jays enter Wednesday's game with a cool 95 percent change of making the MLB playoffs, per FanGraphs. In last night's contest, the Jays fell to the New York Yankees in 2-0 fashion thanks to a ninth inning two-run home run by rookie Austin Wells. Jordan Romano blew his second straight save in the process, but the Jays will look to move past that tonight and attempt to inch closer to a postseason berth.
Probable starting pitchers
- José Berríos, who has been an absolute workhorse on the mound over the course of his career, is set to make his 32nd start of the year tonight. This will mark the fifth time in eight years he has made a full season of starts, which says a ton about his endurance and dependability. The 29-year-old has been enjoying a year-long resurgence, too, posting an 11-11 record with a 3.58 ERA, 4.01 FIP and 118 ERA+.
- For the Yankees, Gerrit Cole will make his 33rd start of the year and second straight one against the Blue Jays. Last time out, he dominated his division rivals, going eight innings with nine strikeouts and just one run allowed. Cole, 32, seems to be well on his way to the first Cy Young Award of his career, as he is 14-4 with an AL-leading 2.75 ERA, 3.21 FIP and 159 ERA+ in 200 innings on the dot.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, September 27
- 1. RF George Springer
- 2. SS Bo Bichette
- 3. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 4. DH Brandon Belt
- 5. 2B Cavan Biggio
- 6. C Alejandro Kirk
- 7. 3B Matt Chapman
- 8. LF Whit Merrifield
- 9. CF Kevin Kiermaier
New York Yankees starting lineup, September 27
- 1. 1B DJ LeMahieu
- 2. RF Aaron Judge
- 3. 2B Gleyber Torres
- 4. DH Giancarlo Stanton
- 5. CF Estevan Florial
- 6. SS Anthony Volpe
- 7. LF Oswaldo Cabrera
- 8. 3B Oswald Peraza
- 9. C Ben Rortvedt
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on today?
- Game time: 7:07 pm ET
- Sportsnet and TVA Sports will have the Blue Jays broadcast.
- Yankees fans can catch the game exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game today?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game today?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- Yankees fans can tune into the game on WFAN 660/101.9 FM and WADO 1280.