The final week of the regular season is upon us, and the Toronto Blue Jays will look to start off on the right foot as the now-eliminated New York Yankees come to town for the penultimate series of 2023. With a 14-8 record in September, the Blue Jays are winning games at the right time. On a 7-3 surge since the demoralizing four-game sweep at the hands of the Texas Rangers, Toronto holds the second Wild Card coming into action today. They sit 1.5 games up on Houston and 3.0 games up on the slumping Mariners.
Probable starting pitchers
- Kevin Gausman will take the ball for the Blue Jays, making his 31st, and possibly final, regular season start of the year. The veteran righty is 12-9 with a 3.29 ERA and an American League-leading 232 strikeouts. Last time out, against these Yankees, Gausman struck out 10 through six innings of three-hit, shutout ball. In three starts versus New York this season, he has dominated Yankees hitters to the tune of a 0.90 ERA, 31 strikeouts in 20 innings and has held them to a .159 batting average.
- The Yankees will send Michael King to the hill in a rematch of last week's showdown in New York. The 28-year-old has made just seven starts this season after moving into the rotation in August. He has a 1.78 ERA and 45 strikeouts in 30 1/3 innings as a starter. The righty overmatched Toronto last week, striking out an impressive 13 Jays over seven frames, but took the loss after giving up one run on five hits.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, September 26
- 1. RF George Springer
- 2. SS Bo Bichette
- 3. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 4. 2B Cavan Biggio
- 5. 3B Matt Chapman
- 6. DH Brandon Belt
- 7. LF Daulton Varsho
- 8. C Alejandro Kirk
- 9. CF Kevin Kiermaier
New York Yankees starting lineup, September 26
- 1. 1B DJ LeMahieu
- 2. 2B Gleyber Torres
- 3. C Austin Wells
- 4. DH Giancarlo Stanton
- 5. 3B Isiah Kiner-Falefa
- 6. RF Oswaldo Cabrera
- 7. SS Oswald Peraza
- 8. LF Everson Pereira
- 9. CF Estevan Florial
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on today?
- Game time: 7:07 pm ET
- Sportsnet, the SN App and TVA Sports will have the Blue Jays broadcast.
- Yankees fans can catch the game on YES.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game today?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game today?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590 and Sportsnet.ca.
- Yankees fans can tune into the game on WFAN 660/101.9 FM and WADO 1280.