It is still so hard to believe that a team that's 36-28 is only good enough for fourth place in their respective division. Such is life in the American League East this year, as the Toronto Blue Jays just can't seem to gain any ground in the division despite the red-hot play of late. The club has a +30 run differential and is 8-2 in their last 10. Next up on the docket is the first-place Minnesota Twins, who are somehow in first with a sub-.500 record.
Probable starting pitchers
- For the Blue Jays, Yusei Kikuchi is set to make his 13th start of the year. The left-hander is 6-2 and has a 4.40 ERA, but numbers beyond that suggest that he may be more lucky than good this year. In fact, his FIP currently sits at 5.96, which is a ghastly number for a pitcher with his workload to post. He also has been surrendering far too many home runs, but somehow the offense behind him picks him up during some of his bad outings. The 31-year-old is a serviceable fifth starter for the Jays club, but if he could find a way to dial back the longballs, he'd put his team in a golden spot.
- The Twins are going to send right-hander Sonny Gray to the mound to make his 13th start. Gray, 33, is having yet another strong season on the mound, going 4-1 with a 2.15 ERA, 2.43 FIP and 197 ERA+ through 67 innings of work. The two-time All-Star has allowed just one home run all year and currently leads the majors in HR/9.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, June 9
- 1. SS Bo Bichette
- 2. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 3. DH Brandon Belt
- 4. 3B Matt Chapman
- 5. LF Whit Merrifield
- 6. CF Daulton Varsho
- 7. 2B Santiago Espinal
- 8. RF Cavan Biggio
- 9. C Tyler Heineman
Minnesota Twins starting lineup, June 9
- 1. 1B Donovan Solano
- 2. RF Willi Castro
- 3. LF Kyle Garlick
- 4. SS Carlos Correa
- 5. 2B Kyle Farmer
- 6. DH Ryan Jeffers
- 7. 3B Royce Lewis
- 8. C Christian Vázquez
- 9. CF Michael A. Taylor
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on tonight?
- Game time: 7:07pm ET
- Sportsnet will have the broadcast for the Blue Jays.
- Twins fans can catch the game on Bally Sports North.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- Twins fans can tune into the game on TIBN, WCCO 830, The Wolf 102.9 FM and Audacy.