After a fascinating 5-4 comeback win in last night's game, the Toronto Blue Jays look to continue their winning ways in the second game of the three-game set against the Kansas City Royals. Winners in six of their last eight games, the Jays hope to carry their momentum into the final three weeks of the season in their desperate push fo secure a playoff spot by the end of the year. Currently, the Jays sit in the third and final Wild Card spot, 1.5 games up on the Texas Rangers.
Probable starting pitchers
- The Blue Jays will send their ace Kevin Gausman to the mound who will be looking for his 11th win of the season. Despite some recent struggles, Gausman currently leads the AL in strikeouts with 207 and will look to extend that total against the Royals makeshift lineup. He may no longer be among the favorites in challenging for the AL Cy Young award, but he hopes to produce for the ballclub during this final stretch to help the Jays reach the postseason.
- The Royals will counter with rookie pitcher James McArthur, who will be in tough against the recently-awakened strong Jays lineup. McArthur has appeared in nine games with the Royals this year including one start, and sports a 10.13 ERA, 1.69 WHIP, with eight strikeouts in 10.2 innings of work. In the midst of a dismal 2023 season, the Royals hope to give their prospects every opportunity to play and develop in the final few weeks of the season.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, September 9
- 1. RF George Springer
- 2. DH Spencer Horwitz
- 3. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 4. 2B Davis Schneider
- 5. 3B Cavan Biggio
- 6. C Alejandro Kirk
- 7. LF Daulton Varsho
- 8. SS Ernie Clement
- 9. CF Kevin Kiermaier
Kansas City Royals starting lineup, September 9
- 1. 3B Maikel Garcia
- 2. SS Bobby Witt Jr.
- 3. C Salvador Perez
- 4. LF MJ Melendez
- 5. RF Nelson Velázquez
- 6. 2B Michael Massey
- 7. DH Edward Olivares
- 8. CF Drew Waters
- 9. 1B Nick Pratto
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on today?
- Game time: 3:07 pm ET
- Sportsnet and the SN NOW App will have the Blue Jays broadcast.
- Royals fans can catch the game on Bally Sports Kansas City
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game today?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game today?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590 and Sportsnet.ca.
- Royals fans can tune into the game on KCSP 610.