With Trevor Richards and Kevin Kiermaier rejoining the Toronto Blue Jays, the club is now setting its sights on the third-place Cincinnati Reds for a weekend series. At 63-59, the Reds are still keeping their heads above water in the NL Central but enter the day with 27.4% playoff odds per ESPN. Not to mention, their record in the last 10 games is 4-6 and their run differential has dipped all the way down to -20 on the year.
Probable starting pitchers
- For the Blue Jays, José Berríos is gearing up to make his 25th start of the 2023 season. The 29-year-old has been one of the club's best starters this year, although his last two outings have left much to be desired. In his last outing, Berríos went just 4.1 innings against the Cubs, surrendering six runs (four earned) on nine hits, including two home runs. In just over 140 innings of work this season, the right-hander is 9-8 with a 3.53 ERA, 4.00 FIP and 119 ERA+.
- The Reds will turn to 29-year-old Brett Kennedy, who will be making his third appearance and second start of the year for the club. The right-hander had made 12 starts down in Triple-A prior to his call-up, posting a 3.52 ERA in that time with 57 strikeouts and 20 walks in 64 innings of work. In his first big league action in five years, Kennedy has allowed four runs on six hits in seven innings of work with four strikeouts and two walks.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, August 18
- 1. 2B Whit Merrifield
- 2. DH Brandon Belt
- 3. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 4. RF Cavan Biggio
- 5. 3B Matt Chapman
- 6. C Alejandro Kirk
- 7. LF Daulton Varsho
- 8. SS Santiago Espinal
- 9. CF Kevin Kiermaier
Cincinnati Reds starting lineup, August 18
- 1. CF TJ Friedl
- 2. 2B Matt McLain
- 3. SS Elly De La Cruz
- 4. 3B Spencer Steer
- 5. 1B Joey Votto
- 6. DH Christian Encarnacion-Strand
- 7. C Tyler Stephenson
- 8. RF Will Benson
- 9. LF Stuart Fairchild
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on tonight?
- Game time: 6:40 pm ET
- Tonight's Blue Jays-Reds matchup will be an Apple TV+ exclusive.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- Reds fans can tune into the game on WLW 700.