After a six-run, 11th-inning rally that sealed a 6-2 Game 1 victory, the Toronto Blue Jays will look to complete the series sweep over the White Sox in the nightcap of their doubleheader. The Jays will look to improve on their 47-40 record and continue chasing down the Yankees and Orioles in the AL East.
Probable starting pitchers
- For the Blue Jays, Yusei Kikuchi gets the nod for Game 2. The 32-year-old, who will be making his 18th start of the season, holds a 7-3 record and a 4.08 ERA. Before getting roughed up by the Red Sox last time out, he had pitched to a 3.59 ERA over the previous two months. Home runs continue to be an issue for the lefty, but he kept the ball in the yard the last time he faced the White Sox back in April. He picked up the win in that outing, going 5 2/3 innings, scattering four hits and striking out eight.
- After facing two veteran hurlers to open the series, the Blue Jays will match up against right-hander Jesse Scholtens, who made his MLB debut earlier this season. Primarily used as a reliever, the 29-year-old has made 10 appearances, including one start, and has a 2.96 ERA and a 1.06 WHIP. In his most recent outing, he went four innings against the Athletics and gave up three runs on five hits while striking out three.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, July 6, Game 2
- 1. RF George Springer
- 2. DH Bo Bichette
- 3. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 4. 3B Matt Chapman
- 5. CF Daulton Varsho
- 6. LF Whit Merrifield
- 7. C Danny Jansen
- 8. 2B Cavan Biggio
- 9. SS Santiago Espinal
Chicago White Sox starting lineup, July 6, Game 2
- 1. LF Andrew Benintendi
- 2. SS Tim Anderson
- 3. CF Luis Robert Jr.
- 4. DH Eloy Jiménez
- 5. 1B Andrew Vaughn
- 6. 3B Jake Burger
- 7. 2B Zach Remillard
- 8. RF Oscar Colás
- 9. C Seby Zavala
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on tonight?
- Game time: 9:00 pm ET
- Sportsnet and TVA Sports will have the broadcast for the Blue Jays.
- White Sox fans can catch the game on NBCSCH.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- White Sox fans can tune into the game on WMVP 1000 AM and TUDN WRTO 1200.