After a wet and wild Wednesday night in Chicago, the Toronto Blue Jays will face off in a doubleheader against the White Sox today. After a night off to revel in their big 4-3 win on Tuesday, the Blue Jays will look to improve on their 46-40 record and continue the climb out of fourth place in the AL East. Coming into today's action only a game and a half behind the Yankees, the Jays can make up some ground in the toughest division in baseball.
Probable starting pitchers
- For the Blue Jays, 29-year-old José Berríos is gearing up to make his 18th start of the 2023 campaign. To the surprise of many, the right-hander has been one of the more reliable arms for the Jays this year, as he is 8-6 with a 3.74 ERA and 110 ERA+ through 101 innings of work. His last start against the White Sox came at the end of April when he threw seven shutout innings with nine strikeouts along the way.
- After facing top trade chip Lucas Giolito in Tuesday night's game, the Blue Jays are now set to take on another premier trade chip on the White Sox in Lance Lynn. Lynn, 36, has struggled mightily to get batters out this year. In 17 outings, he is 5-8 with a 6.47 ERA, 5.11 FIP and 67 ERA+ all while leading the major leagues in earned runs (69) and home runs (22).
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, July 6, Game 1
- 1. RF George Springer
- 2. SS Bo Bichette
- 3. 1B Brandon Belt
- 4. DH Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 5. 3B Matt Chapman
- 6. LF Whit Merrifield
- 7. 2B Cavan Biggio
- 8. C Alejandro Kirk
- 9. CF Kevin Kiermaier
Chicago White Sox starting lineup, July 6, Game 1
- 1. LF Andrew Benintendi
- 2. SS Tim Anderson
- 3. CF Luis Robert Jr.
- 4. DH Eloy Jiménez
- 5. C Yasmani Grandal
- 6. 1B Gavin Sheets
- 7. RF Oscar Colás
- 8. 3B Zach Remillard
- 9. 2B Elvis Andrus
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on tonight?
- Game time: 5:10 pm ET
- Sportsnet and TVA Sports will have the broadcast for the Blue Jays.
- White Sox fans can catch the game on NBCSCH.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- White Sox fans can tune into the game on WMVP 1000 AM and TUDN WRTO 1200.