The Toronto Blue Jays prepare to take on the Chicago Cubs as winners of six of their last 10 games. At just seven games behind the first-place Baltimore Orioles, silencing this surging Cubs squad over the next three days is going to be of the utmost importance for this Jays team. The Cubbies entered the 2023 campaign expected to be the losers of the NL Central, but at 59-56, they currently are second in the standings are to be taken seriously.
Probable starting pitchers
- José Berríos will be making his 24th start of the season for the Blue Jays. The 29-year-old continues to be solid as a rock for the club and is coming off of an outing in which he earned the win over the Red Sox after pitching 5.2 innings with three earned and six strikeouts. On the year, Berríos is 9-7 with a 3.38 ERA, 3.88 FIP and 123 ERA+.
- The Cubs are set to send rookie Javier Assad to the mound to make his 21st appearance and third start of the season. The 26-year-old has quietly been a strong contributor to this Cubs team regardless of what role he is assigned. In just under 54 innings of work, he is 1-2 with a 3.35 ERA, 4.51 FIP and 137 ERA+.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, August 11
- 1. LF Whit Merrifield
- 2. DH Brandon Belt
- 3. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 4. RF George Springer
- 5. 2B Cavan Biggio
- 6. 3B Matt Chapman
- 7. C Alejandro Kirk
- 8. CF Daulton Varsho
- 9. SS Paul DeJong
Chicago Cubs starting lineup, August 11
- 1. CF Mike Tauchman
- 2. 2B Nico Hoerner
- 3. LF Ian Happ
- 4. 1B Cody Bellinger
- 5. SS Dansby Swanson
- 6. DH Christopher Morel
- 7. 3B Jeimer Candelario
- 8. RF Seiya Suzuki
- 9. C Yan Gomes
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on tonight?
- Game time: 7:07 pm ET
- Tonight's matchup is exclusively available on Apple TV+.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game tonight?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- Cubs fans can tune into the game on 670 The Score.