After last night's heartbreaker in which the Toronto Blue Jays fell to the Boston Red Sox in 7-6 fashion, the Jays are looking to once again avoid a sweep against the cellar-dwelling Sox. For reasons beyond our capacity, the Jays have struggled mightily this year against the Sox, as they are now 0-6 against their AL East opponent.
Probable starting pitchers
- The Blue Jays are set to send Kevin Gausman out to the mound to make his 18th start of the year. The 32-year-old has been astounding for the Jays this season, as he is currently well on his way to his second career All-Star Game selection thanks to his otherworldly first-half performance. In 104.2 innings of work, the right-hander is 7-4 with a 3.01 ERA, MLB-leading 2.55 FIP and 136 ERA+. He also currently leads the American League in strikeouts with 139.
- For the Red Sox, Garrett Whitlock is set to make his 10th start of the year. At one point, he was viewed as a potential building block for Boston's pitching staff, but he has gotten off to a slow start this year. In 50.2 innings of work, the 27-year old has a 5.15 ERA and 90 ERA+ while seeing a spike in hits and home runs allowed compared to last year's numbers. Naturally, this means he is due for a complete game shutout against the Blue Jays today.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, July 2
- 1. RF George Springer
- 2. SS Bo Bichette
- 3. DH Brandon Belt
- 4. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 5. 3B Matt Chapman
- 6. LF Daulton Varsho
- 7. 2B Whit Merrifield
- 8. C Alejandro Kirk
- 9. CF Kevin Kiermaier
Boston Red Sox starting lineup, July 2
- 1. CF Jarren Duran
- 2. DH Justin Turner
- 3. RF Alex Verdugo
- 4. 3B Rafael Devers
- 5. LF Rob Refsnyder
- 6. 1B Triston Casas
- 7. 2B Enrique Hernández
- 8. SS David Hamilton
- 9. C Connor Wong
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on today?
- Game time: 1:37 pm ET
- Sportsnet and TVA Sports will have the broadcast for the Blue Jays.
- Red Sox fans can catch the game on NESN.
- On a national stage, MLB Network will air the game for out-of-network viewers only.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game today?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game today?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- Red Sox fans can tune into the game on WEEI 93.7, WAMG 890 (Spanish) and WCCM 1490 (Spanish).