Winners of six of their last 10 ballgames, the Toronto Blue Jays enter Sunday's contest against the Boston Red Sox with a chance to secure a sweep. Davis Schneider's addition to the Jays lineup has seemed to help things turn up a notch and the wins are coming because of it. Before heading to Cleveland to take on the Guardians for a four-game set, the Jays must swipe one more away from their division rivals at Fenway.
Probable starting pitchers
- The Blue Jays are set to send Chris Bassitt to the mound to make his 24th start of the season. The 34-year-old is 10-6 with an ERA right at 4.00 and has been turning in some solid outings as of late. Last time he took the mound, the nine-year veteran went six innings against the Orioles with seven strikeouts.
- Left-hander Brennan Bernadino is going to make his sixth "start" of the season for the Red Sox, functioning as an opener. The 31-year-old Indy Ball find has been a solid contributor for the club this year, making 33 appearances with a 2.72 ERA, 2.83 FIP and 172 ERA+ in just over 36 innings of work.
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, August 6
- 1. LF Whit Merrifield
- 2. 1B Brandon Belt
- 3. 2B Davis Schneider
- 4. DH George Springer
- 5. 3B Matt Chapman
- 6. RF Cavan Biggio
- 7. C Alejandro Kirk
- 8. CF Kevin Kiermaier
- 9. SS Paul DeJong
Boston Red Sox starting lineup, August 6
- 1. CF Jarren Duran
- 2. LF Masataka Yoshida
- 3. DH Justin Turner
- 4. 3B Rafael Devers
- 5. 1B Triston Casas
- 6. RF Alex Verdugo
- 7. 2B Luis Urías
- 8. C Reese McGuire
- 9. SS Pablo Reyes
What channel is the Toronto Blue Jays game on today?
- Game time: 1:35 pm ET
- Sportsnet and TVA Sports will have the broadcast for the Blue Jays.
- The Red Sox broadcast will be on NESN.
How do I stream the Toronto Blue Jays game today?
How can I listen to the Toronto Blue Jays game today?
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet 590.
- Red Sox fans can tune into the game on WEEI 93.7, WAMG 890 AM and WCCM 1490.